TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Picture Request - White Leather and Carbon Fiber and Piano Black Trim

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by n00b, Sep 17, 2012.

1. n00b

n00b Member

I was wondering if anyone has pictures that they could share, showing white leather with carbon fiber vs with piano black. IIRC, the white is really more of a beige than snow white, correct?

Piano black looks really smooth and shiny (could reflect sun light into the eyes at the most inopportune times :). What kind of material is it in reality? Wood? Plastic? How scratch resistant is it, and does it really live up to its 'fingerprint magnet' name?

I am leaning towards CF, just not sure how well it goes with the headliner color and the white leather seats. I wonder if there are any owners who have taken delivery and have this configuration.

2. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Voltage makes me tingle.

I ordered the Piano Black. (CF would've been preference if I went for the perf, and I was debating the matte Obeche but the wife "forced" me to go for the Piano Black :)). Not sure about the material underneath, but it has a lacquer finish just like a grand piano. At the Get Amped event I took a fingernail to the Piano Black finish and pushed/scratched as hard as I could, and couldn't make a single mark. Take a knife to it and I'm sure it's a different story...but the point is it seems to be as scratch resistant or more than any other trim choice.

3. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

#3 W.Petefish, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
    I'll snap a pic or two when our Model S arrives. I ordered White Leather w/ CF.