Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures from the X event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone who was there get a good enough look at the quality of the craftsmanship in the interior?? If so, then how would you honestly compare the work compared to the Model S and to the competition? I've been in several Model S over the last 3 years, and although the attention to detail has improved, imo Tesla still has some work to do before it is on par with BMW and Mercedes. Is the Model X a step in the right direction?? (fyi, I personally place way more importance on the drivetrain than the interior, but over here in Germany people get pretty worked up about it.......)

What does the key look like???!!!

photos

2016-tesla-model-x-key-fob.jpg

photos

- - - Updated - - -

2016-tesla-model-x-interior-screen.jpg

The photos of the UI imply they dropped the S's daytime Driving lights. Did anyone get a good look at the headlights? Any not-overexposed photos?

- - - Updated - - -

Your 15 nanoseconds of fame, Andrew? :biggrin:

Seriously, you had enough seat time to program Elon's car's name!? May I touch your sleeve...?

37554282964975598a451f3a0bc18698.jpg

2e8d30d5ca99461ba8c78ed3495ef73a.jpg

7fdb15386d1cab6e6b7378cbfede1afe.jpg

1606e6476cf80956b237adfd22736d55.jpg

I'll put the shirt I was wearing up on eBay :)

Last edited:
Agree on the usb goofiness. I suspect it is daisy-chained to the rear seat usb plugs on the back of the center console. An afterthought.....

I noted that too -- but I think it just goes around to the phone "holster". That way different phones could be accommodated by just changing the cord the runs under the console. Since you'd use that plug to charge anyway, you're not losing one.

Though I do wonder what Elon keeps on that Sandisk flash drive...

...and is the X fob the SAME as the S or is it actually fatter? Hard to tell from the picture.

A lot of pictures here, so no need for many more.

My thoughts about the car...

1. Great presence. It looks more expensive than the Model S.
2. More leather is nice. The dash behind alcantara is wrapped in leather. Tops of doors (above wood inserts) are wrapped in leather as well. Feels like an expensive car.
3. Plastics are much better than on Model S. Even in the trunk, the plastics feel like velvet. Very nice to the touch.
4. The 3rd row seats are usable!!! My friend is 6'4" and he said he would survive a 2 hour ride in them. I am 6' and find them usable. Impressive.
5. 6-seat config. The space between the seats is occupied by a center console similar to the one in the front. Not sure I like that actually. (See pic attached)
6. DRLights are extremely bright. Even if you stand next to the car, it's almost blinding. Not sure it's legal.
7. The car looks absolutely amazing in black with black wheels. I usually hate black wheels and haven't had a black car in 10 years... I am going all black on our Signature.

IMG_8064.JPG
IMG_8067.JPG