Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures from the X event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw people recording on the test rides. Surprised they haven't started showing up yet.
Did you watch this?

Thanks.

I had seen the first video, and also a video that included the guy being interviewed in the second video driving the car. But I haven't seen any videos taken by people at the event last night during their test rides. A slew of those were online after the D event, which is why I'm surprised.

White looks weird.

Kind of agree, though I think a front license plate would take care of that somewhat.

And I like it the best. The contrast with the black around the bottom of the car gives a visual impression of longer & sleeker than the colors that blend into the black.

Good thing there's more than one color. :)

A lot of pictures here, so no need for many more.
4. The 3rd row seats are usable!!! My friend is 6'4" and he said he would survive a 2 hour ride in them. I am 6' and find them usable. Impressive.
5. 6-seat config. The space between the seats is occupied by a center console similar to the one in the front. Not sure I like that actually. (See pic attached)

I'd been thinking of the 6-seat configuration as a way to simplify ingress/egress to/from the 3rd row, like in a minivan with captain's chairs. The console would seem to obviate that, though, based on your photo, is that right? (You'd have to clamber over the console to get back there?) Can you say more about getting into/out of the 3rd row?

A photo of the event with my wife in the foreground made the LA Times this morning!
Sima_Model_X_LATimes.jpg

This vehicle looks amazing.

I wish they shared more specs/details (why the spoiler, how much of a difference does it make? Impact of towing on range, no autopilot, LED head lighting, etc.).

But it does look like Tesla has another winner on its hands. The nosecone camo on the mules makes it hard to get used to the new design on the white vehicle, but the others look great.

Spoiler improves economy by 1.6% at highway speeds. It has three positions and it retracts when you start driving to reveal middle brake light.

My friends always yell at me when I take candid shots like that, but I agree. They convey the moment better (IMO).

I'm admittedly a huge fan of candid shots. And that's also one reason I love Elon's presentations & interviews & such -- they're so candid. There isn't that useless corporate PR-polished BS that is so common these days. I think a lot of people love it and appreciate it, perhaps even some of the people who complain about it not being as polished or professional as you expect from a Fortune 500 CEO. I'd freakin' love it if more CEOs spoke in such a straightforward and candid way. ::rant over::

The photos from the Launch Event are sorted, titled and ready to share. Since there are almost 150 photos, please use this link: Model X Launch Event | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
There are two pages to view, so don't miss the second page. Hover over the photo to see the title/description. Click for a larger view or if a video icon appears.
Here is one photo taken later in the night to show the ease of access to Elon's Model X. When you start at 6 PM and stay until 1 AM, the photos kept getting better. Enjoy.

21882061025_c6e9c8edc1_z.jpg

Mark, you got some nice shots. Thanks for sharing. Even caught myself in a few :)
As did I. Great stuff! Thanks for sharing Mark!

I was hoping to meet more of the TMC regulars. Only one I did meet was Roamer. Great chatting with you by the way!

Turns out I was rubbing elbows with a few of you anyway. ;-)

My only regret was not getting a test ride. The friend I was staying with had to work the next morning and we had ride numbers in the 1800's. Ugh. Dinner with he and his wife at Terun was well worth getting there a bit late though. ;-)

I'm admittedly a huge fan of candid shots. And that's also one reason I love Elon's presentations & interviews & such -- they're so candid. There isn't that useless corporate PR-polished BS that is so common these days. I think a lot of people love it and appreciate it, perhaps even some of the people who complain about it not being as polished or professional as you expect from a Fortune 500 CEO. I'd freakin' love it if more CEOs spoke in such a straightforward and candid way. ::rant over::

I actually prefer Elon's presentation over someone like Tim Cook. Seems like Tim starts every sentence with "I'm thrilled" or "I'm excited" before introducing a new product or another person onto the stage.