Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures from the X event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443590156.927704.jpg

Unless if anyone beat me to the punch

The friend I was watching the stream with made a good point. That bit was probably directly aimed at the Chinese market, and the VW thing was more by happenstance.

Yes and yes, but also I think that's underestimating what us beachside Californians have been feeling for years: the fresh air blowing in from the Pacific isn't so fresh any more, and comes with heavy amounts of pollutants. Same source, though: China (coal factories are a large factor). To some old-timers who have money to spare, this will be another selling point very worthwhile to consider. Old smokers don't walk around with canisters of air for nothing, and I think some of us here in California are starting to feel like that whenever we go outside. Also, stop-and-stop traffic on freeways does the same thing.

Also, if you look inside most of the Model S cars driving around Silicon Valley, which has a ton of those cars, most of them are well to do people who may have at one point lived closer to the aforementioned country, or known someone in their family who has; so, they're interested in clean air from a multitude of perspectives. I think it's a really smart move. Safety is a huge seller, and clean air is a piece of that. Those particular people are not only very aware of this concern, but they also have a lot of word of mouth potential, so if this air filter actually works really well, they'll really love it.

Last edited: