Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of Matte Blue Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all!

Can those of you who have wrapped your S' in either just matte PPF or a custom matte blue of your choice send pics? I'm trying to figure out if I want to get an XPEL stealth PPF on my new S (whenever it actually arrives), or go for the cheaper route and do a color change to a different blue!

20211220_112657.jpg
20211220_112647.jpg
20211208_140926.jpg

I also want to say that I believe someone posted a photo two or three days ago in the Model S delivery thread.
Trust me I was searching before I posted here ;) The problem is that most searches either A) turned up with Model Ys, or B) it was hard to tell what kind of wrap they were doing (i.e doing an actual wrap w/ a specific color vs just XPEL stealth), which is why I wanted to ask here.

Is this XPEL stealth? This is basically the build I have on order and that looks fantastic 👀

Thank you both. Now, just looking for feedback on a dealer in Dallas.

I never got any feedback on a dealer in Dallas, so I'm just going with one, hoping for the best.

Ceramic + CR spotless = ezpz clean, its more relaxing than most tv

Getting back to this topic. I had to look up CR Spotless and realized on doing so that I had what looked like one of those years ago as part of a Cosmichrome system. It required similar water treatment. It took a bit, but I finally managed to locate it and it turns out to be the same thing, though it never occurred to me to use it for car washing. Looks like I just need to clean it up and see if it needs new media. Any tips for using it?

water.jpg

Last edited:
I never got any feedback on a dealer in Dallas, so I'm just going with one, hoping for the best.

Getting back to this topic. I had to look up CR Spotless and realized on doing so that I had what looked like one of those years ago as part of a Cosmichrome system. It required similar water treatment. It took a bit, but I finally managed to locate it and it turns out to be the same thing, though it never occurred to me to use it for car washing. Looks like I just need to clean it up and see if it needs new media. Any tips for using it?

View attachment 781176
You don't need it for the soap buckets or the initial wetting of the car, just for the rinse. It works wonders. I still do a quick dry with a large microfiber drying towel after it because I'm paranoid about pollen, but it works fantastically. Washed my wife's SUV today when i did my Tesla and didn't use the drying towel after the rinse, looked great.