TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pictures of midnight silver metallic 'after tinting'

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by pkz0125, Aug 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. pkz0125

pkz0125 Member

Does anyone have a midnight silver metallic model X with tinted windshield and windows? If so, can you please post the pictures here?

We are trying to choose between white and midnight silver. I think white looks better after tinting but my wife and my son like midnight silver. There are plenty of pictures of a tinted white but I can't find many tinted midnight silvers.

2. Logie

Logie Member

Front windows @ 35% and back windows @45%. Windshield @ 70% IMG_0555.jpg IMG_0556.jpg

3. Jetwash08

Jetwash08 Member

Midnight silver is the way to go! We debated between the same colors and are extremely happy we went with midnight silver.

4. Varmint

Varmint Member

Wait, I’m confused. Wouldn’t 35 front/45 back mean your front windows are darker than your rear windows? From the photos it looks like you mean 45 front 35 back? Also, why would you tint the back windows? Or are you saying the stock tint is 35%

5. pkz0125

pkz0125 Member

Thanks Logie! The car looks great.

6. chuynh

chuynh Member

I have similar tint. 35% front and 50% rears. Remember the rears come with "factory tinted/dyed glass" which is around the same as 35-40% tint darkness already. If you want to keep the rear windows from being completely dark and maintain nighttime visibility, I would recommend nothing lower than 40% on rears. I do keep some window shades for the rear to darken the cabin for my little one...

7. MissTheVroom

MissTheVroom New Member

A couple pictures of mine while driving around in Tampa. It has tint on the front windows which matches the rear windows and 70% tint on the windshield, all @XPEL prime plus with the Stealth PPF:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. mbp11

mbp11 Member

you know, the Model X is a really cute car!

9. JoshV

JoshV Member