Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of Model 3 from the reveal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tesla-model-%E2%98%B0_-_matte-grey-prototype-01459691820-jpeg.171477

Also did anyone else notice the updated steering wheel?

Also I love how only Tesla colors the things the seat belt buckles into the same color as the seats. Instead of a the glaring obnoxious red most other manufactures use.

Revised steering wheel is the first thing I noticed, good eyes :))))... Regarding the belt buckles, I think it is the regulation that enforces the ugly red...

Reactions: Red Sage
Also did anyone else notice the updated steering wheel?
Yes it is a different steering wheel with a single button in each side spoke. However I would not assume that is the production steering wheel. Maybe, maybe not.
What about the two different window moulding designs, black on the left side and chromed on the right side?
I doubt the Model 3 will be produced with asymmetrical window moldings. Maybe Tesla is trying out different moldings.

The photos at http://m.imgur.com/gallery/VjiaP are the sharpest, clearest, and apparently unretouched photos I have seen of the silver 3 prototype. Great to see them!

What about the two different window moulding designs, black on the left side and chromed on the right side?

Maybe some of us find more changes on the car as seen in the beginning.

Nice catch, its funny how in real life people would probably not notice the window moulding design differences because they can't stand on both sides of the car at once.

Unrelated but I think there might be two working model 3 matte black prototypes. Even though only one matte black prototype was shown at the unveiling. This is because there are pictures online of a matte black prototype with black interior and one with white interior.

I researched a bit into this topic and found out the the red buckles are only a requirement for Europe. And the reason why everyone uses red seat buckles in the US as well is because either the cars are from european manufacturers or done for the cost savings. So maybe Tesla will switch to red if they want to be super serious about cost savings on this small red buckle piece.

Heres a link to a article about it:
http://jalopnik.com/heres-why-teslas-dont-have-red-seat-belt-buttons-1783519530

Looking at the rear pics, I can't see how the trunk opens. The rear glass goes almost to the front seats (from what I can see) so it wouldn't lift up where the break in the trunk lid is located on each side of the glass.
I know - it's a prototype - but just my observation.