Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of Model 3 from the reveal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@smartypnz
0X2xwBB.jpg

I researched a bit into this topic and found out the the red buckles are only a requirement for Europe. And the reason why everyone uses red seat buckles in the US as well is because either the cars are from european manufacturers or done for the cost savings. So maybe Tesla will switch to red if they want to be super serious about cost savings on this small red buckle piece.

Heres a link to a article about it:
http://jalopnik.com/heres-why-teslas-dont-have-red-seat-belt-buttons-1783519530
I think Canada requires them to be the vibrant bright emergency orange/red color as well. I think that is among the many reasons why a US-Spec Model S cannot be imported to Canada.

• Informative
Reactions: Falkirk
This thread is named "PICTURES..." so it would be very polite, to discuss in other threads.
Every time I get a message that there is a new reply here, I come along here with twinkling eyes like a child on christmas eve and get desillusioned by just seeing text :confused:
I don't have new pictures either, but... what about a new video? ;)

This thread is named "PICTURES..." so it would be very polite, to discuss in other threads.
Every time I get a message that there is a new reply here, I come along here with twinkling eyes like a child on christmas eve and get desillusioned by just seeing text :confused:
I don't have new pictures either, but... what about a new video? ;)
Here is a better view at the video you mentioned in case anyone is interested:
Starts at 0:37