Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of Model 3... probably not but nice concept anyway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
"Rumors suggest a range increased to a little over 300 km."

Uh... No. 300 km is around 186 miles. The Model [I'm not allowed to refer to as I'd like] has always been meant to be at least a 200 mile range car. Recent developments make it clear that Tesla Motors is serious about that.

This would indeed be a great design... for Hyundai. It has nothing in common with Franz von Holzhausen's styling trends.
· The rendering shows a trunk with a narrow opening and high liftover instead of a liftback.
· There are spaces in the rear bumper for exhaust pipes.
· The hood has a 'cowl induction' airflow system like carbureted cars from the early 1970s.
· The door handles are in the wrong place, improperly aligned.
· The rendering shows exterior rearview mirrors that will certainly not be used if Elon can help it come 2017.
· And someone lifted the old vented nosecone from the Model S prototype -- which never saw production.

I think Musk is trying to save money on the Model 3 and letting the people on the internet design their car for them. I think he will just choose the best design and use that. Maybe modify it a bit and then call it a day to save on design money. But that is my take on it.

On this topic though, I would like a 4 door sedan for the Model 3. If the Model 3 is indeed a 2 door, I might have to get myself a Model S instead.

That's a photoshop based on the Ford Evos concept car, guaranteed. In fact, it's probably based on this picture:

Ford-Evos_Concept-2011-1280-03.jpg

That was my thought as well. Mash up of Model S and another car. If Model 3 looks that bad, I won't buy it. I expect it won't have all the unnecessary style lines and bulges in that car picture. One of my favorite things about the Model S is now clean it is -- none of the busyness of other car designs.

Though I personally agree that 16" or 17" wheels would be preferable, I expect Tesla Motors will engineer the Model [symbol mods hate] to ride on 18" and 20" sizes instead. Partly for aesthetics, but also for the sake of performance. Amazing that so much room is allowed for oversized disc brake rotors on a vehicle where the brakes will typically not be applied above 5 MPH in everyday driving through urban areas.

These are the old purple mockups from Autoexpres (which I really, really like btw) which they made when Model 3 was officially announced arent they?

Edit: no they are not, they are a "tesla" branded Ford Evo. But they do look quite good.

These are the autoexpress ones for comparison.
tesla-model-e-front.jpg

tesla-model-e-rear.jpg

Last edited: