Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of Parking Lots with Many Chargers (>=20)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a thread for pictures of parking lots with many chargers (>=20). I'll start: at Tesla Fremont Factory parking lot:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
I was here today, so I knew about it, but I pulled these three pictures from PlugShare.Com, for Warm Springs/South Fremont BART Terminal (soon to be Station), BART terminal operational and in use but charger parking chargers not yet operational, in Fremont, California (link BART - Warm Springs/South Fremont | Fremont, CA | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare ); there are 20 pedestals with two J1772's each for 40 chargers total for anybody, plus another 2 pedestals with 2 each for total of four for handicapped people in the special handicapped parking lot, and there is some conduit chase prebuilt for expansion later. By the number of electric vehicles already parking in that parking lot, I think when they finally open this charging, there will be many users. It depends how reasonable the ChargePoint costs are; I would think load balancing charging to use heavy sun and wind electricity during the day would be a perfect fit, delivering the cost benefits to the charging cars by giving them lower variable charge rates in exchange for lower costs (say, $0.08/kWh??), but what do you want to bet how visionary BART governance is about this, given their history of parking costs?
186757.jpeg

187160.jpeg

187161.jpeg

I'd like another photo of these when they are in typical use.

• Informative
Reactions: EVie'sDad
I'm going to have a series of parking lots related to Moffett Place (Moffett Place), still entirely under construction. According to one report, it is all leased by Google (http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/...als-massive-sunnyvale-redwood-city-deals.html "Google has agreed to lease all of Jay Paul Co.'s Moffett Place, a 1.9 million square foot office campus currently under construction in Sunnyvale.")

First in my series is "Parking Structure A" (in site plan) a.k.a. "Garage A" (on signage), located approximately at 37°24'16.7"N 122°01'24.0"W with an approximate address of 1116 Bordeaux Dr, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, a three story parking garage.

All 126 plugs are currently turned on and operational; I successfully used one with ChargePoint at 6kW. Since the entire campus is still under construction, no typical use has started.
  • Floor 3 has 17 dual EV pedestals (total 34 plugs).
  • Floor 2 has 17 dual EV pedestals (total 34 plugs).
  • Floor 1 has 29 dual EV pedestals (5 of which are handicapped dual pedestals) (48 non-handicapped plugs and 10 handicapped plugs).

First Floor:
1st Floor TMC IMG_2910.JPG

resized 1st Floor TMC IMG_2913.JPG

1st Floor TMC IMG_2949.JPG

resized 1st Floor TMC thumb IMG_2914.JPG resized 1st Floor TMC thumb IMG_2915.JPG

Between Floor 1 and Floor 2:
TMC Floor 2 and 1 IMG_2944.JPG

Second Floor:
TMC 2nd Floor IMG_2939.JPG
TMC Thumb Breaker Box 2nd Floor IMG_2941.JPG

Between Floor 2 and Floor 3:
resized TMC Floor 3 and 2 IMG_2936.JPG

resized TMC Thumb Floor 3 and 2 IMG_2938.JPG

Floor 3 is continued in the next message.

Last edited:
I'm going to have a series of parking lots related to Moffett Place
First in my series is "Parking Structure A" a.k.a. "Garage A"
Floor 3 is continued in the next message.
Finishing the space between Floor 2 and Floor 3:
resized TMC Thumb Floor 3 and 2 IMG_2937.JPG

And Floor 3:
resized TMC 3rd Floor IMG_2924.JPG

resized TMC Thumb 3rd Floor Compact EV Only IMG_2930.JPGTMC Thumb 3rd Floor panel IMG_2931.JPG TMC Thumb 3rd Floor IMG_2935 50A plug no known reason.JPG TMC Thumb 3rd Floor IMG_2932.JPG

For completeness, I should include the First Floor Handicapped spots (please note that this campus is still completely under construction, and construction parking has nothing to do with target use after building handover, so construction workers always use all designated construction parking spots per construction chain of command regardless of destination use after construction; construction is a moving target, so fixed anything just doesn't exist or count, unless specifically (and I mean specifically) ordered by their chain of command (also, any handicapped office construction trailer workers already have their own much better and closer designated construction handicapped parking spots, and the actual handicapped construction workers just are regular construction workers who struggle not to say "ouch" all day (most of us))):
resized TMC thumb 1st Floor IMG_2946.JPG

My charging session:
resized TMC 3rd Floor IMG_2916.JPG

TMC Charging 3rd Floor IMG_2923.PNG

Last edited:
Stanford Shopping Center Parking Garage on Quarry Road in Palo Alto, CA. More than 40 level 2 chargers currently installed. Every parking spot along the highlighted walls (on both floors of the garage) either has a charger, or has been pre-wired (conduit installed) for a charger. No chargers on 2nd floor yet, but conduit pokes thru the floor, ready for chargers.
quarry road.png

There is one pedestal with dual chargers feeding two parking spots.
Pic of 12 chargers taken from Sweet Olive Way entrance, looking toward Quarry Road (The other walls are more impressive with 20+ chargers, but I couldn't take good photos of those -- there are two chargers at every orange support pillar on the Quarry and Sweet Olive Way sides of the garage):
20160926_131057-small.png

• Love
Reactions: Ulmo