Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
20170725_0727291-e1501010327876.jpg

I knew it! Hover conversion! YEEEEEEESSSS!!!

Model 3 is all about less complexity and ease of manufacturing. No way it happens. It's one of the ways the Model 3 is differentiated from the S and X.
It absolutely could...later on that is, not right now. if it was about being less complex than options such as AWD and Performance models would not come to fruition (later on). We would keep it RWD, as is, no options at all for as long as the Model 3 exists.

It absolutely could...later on that is, not right now. if it was about being less complex than options such as AWD and Performance models would not come to fruition (later on). We would keep it RWD, as is, no options at all for as long as the Model 3 exists.
I see what you are saying but doesn't make sense to me. Desirable features that can increase sales and profits such as the dual motors and performance model add complexity somewhat but far outweigh not doing at all. However with different door handles that most likely will have no bearing on adding more sales or increasing profit is just wasting time and money for no benefit. Door structure and parts would have to change and that all cost time and money. That change may even require redoing the crash testing.

Yes, the S handles are kind of a wow-factor compared to the 3 ones but they are still unique. Although Jaguar and Aston Martin use similar door handles as well actually. Maybe wait to experience them first hand before you make judgement.

Reactions: patrick42h
Status
Not open for further replies.