Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NYTimes Farhad Manjoo spots silver Model 3 at Tesla HQ • r/teslamotors
DGLYPEWUQAEU6T2.jpg:large

I'm confused how little pictures are available of the Model 3 considering it's supposed to be "in production". Are there any production Model 3's in the wild, or are they all owned and driven by NDA-bound employees only, so basically the same status as test cars, but without wires hanging out and/or missing parts, so likely closer to what the regular customers will be receiving?

• Disagree
Reactions: Ken7
I'm confused how little pictures are available of the Model 3 considering it's supposed to be "in production". Are there any production Model 3's in the wild, or are they all owned and driven by NDA-bound employees only, so basically the same status as test cars, but without wires hanging out and/or missing parts, so likely closer to what the regular customers will be receiving?
Civilian deliveries don't begin until late October, so until then, the only Model 3s out in the wild will be test vehicles or those owned by Tesla/Space X employees.

There's only 30 of them, and they've only been out for a brief period of time, with Tesla board members and the like from the look of it. Don't expect a ton of pictures. But, each month that passes with expanding deliveries will increase the rate of pictures, videos, etc.

Yep, pretty much that. The first non-employees probably won't get their cars for at least another 60 days.

There's only 30 of them, and they've only been out for a brief period of time, with Tesla board members and the like from the look of it. Don't expect a ton of pictures. But, each month that passes with expanding deliveries will increase the rate of pictures, videos, etc.

Exactly. There were far more release candidates built than there have been actually production cars so far.

Is taking pictures inside a parked car illegal in California? How about wheel close-ups, front grill close-ups, finish close-ups, etc. All these "sightings" seem almost staged - only nice pictures of clean cars and only outside shots seem to be posted. Are you sure it's not Tesla carefully releasing them to the social media to create some free publicity?

WHY IS IT IN A CHARGING SPOT AND NOT PLUGGED IN!!!???
I seriously hate when people do that.... as if parking isn't bad enough already.

Out of curiosity... I know if there is a MX or MS near and you hit the button on the charge cable it'll open the charge door even with the key not around. Wonder if the M3 does that as well.

Reactions: 0ptions
Is taking pictures inside a parked car illegal in California? How about wheel close-ups, front grill close-ups, finish close-ups, etc. All these "sightings" seem almost staged - only nice pictures of clean cars and only outside shots seem to be posted. Are you sure it's not Tesla carefully releasing them to the social media to create some free publicity?

Yeah, Tesla totally wants an even longer line for a car they're still tooling up for, rather than the cars they can sell today (/snark) Tesla has been *anti-selling* the M3, and for a reason.

The cars are clean because they're *brand new cars*, owned by Tesla executives, in CA and NV. That you'd expect them to be scratched up or caked wiyh mud is silly. And these are hardly "glamour shots", it's a guy sitting in his car in a not particularly tidy garage, or an outdoor shot with a motorcycle randomly intruding in the foreground - both with white balance overexposed, and clearly taken from cell phones.

I love the conspiracy theories here.

"Pictures not posted" = Its a conspiracy! Tesla is holding a gun to owners' heads to stop them! Or there were no deliveries - it's all a scam!

"Pictures posted" = It's a conspiracy! Tesla is deliberately leaking out pictures to get people to hold onto their money for 1,5 to 2 years!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.