Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Typically the toothed rings are for ABS sensors, but they are usually mounted inboard. Maybe for R&D purposes?
Is that enough resolution for a rotary encoder? I guess if you keep the signal analog/time phase wise... Looks coarse if it is just information.

I think speed sensing is a better idea than those other ones.

When the car is doing a lane change, it shows vehicles in the adjoining lanes. When the car gets into the lane it is changing to, the display of cars in adjoining lanes no longer appears. So the car is obviously aware of the other cars, to some degree, but Tesla has chosen to disable the display of those cars when lane centered.

RT

NY employee delivery! #381 • r/teslamotors
7BKsDTx.jpg

Finally saw one of these bad boys. VIN 381 • r/teslamotors
d3gallktrbtz.jpg

22638916_1326884867441288_7063681039532556288_n.jpg

gJq0Pfb.jpg

Last edited:
No, regen happens in the motor.

Plot twist: AWD Model 3 has an electric motor integrated into each wheel. What you see is a part of the new open transmission. This setup allows for easy lubrication as well as fast conversion of RWD to AWD and vice versa. It also allows Model 3 customers in cold parts of the world to more easily switch from summer motors to winter motors.

Curious if this is a NY thing ... to have new license plates at time of delivery (it takes a few weeks to get them in CA)

It’s possible they just transferred the plates from their previous car. My current car has the same exact plates on it that my previous car did.

Anyway, nice to see several shots of a Model 3 with a front mounted plate. Front plates are required in NJ and while I’m not thrilled about putting it on the front, it actually doesn’t look too horrible.

Reactions: plankeye
Curious if this is a NY thing ... to have new license plates at time of delivery (it takes a few weeks to get them in CA)
If nothing changed starting 2019 you will get your temp plates immediately at DMV:

California closes the Steve Jobs license plate loophole

From 2019, California joins most of the other states in the nation by requiring newly bought cars to be issued temporary license plates. Additionally, the law will create a system to allow car sellers to report details of the sale to the DMV, including the date of sale and the names and addresses of the dealer and purchaser.

The bill (AB516) was the work of California Speaker pro Tem Kevin Mullin and was inspired by the hit-and-run death of Michael Bonanomi. Bonanomi was killed in 2013 by a car that was wearing paper dealer plates, and no one has ever been identified as the driver. ....

Mullin's statement also adds that the law will allow California to collect roughly $19 million a year in bridge and road tolls that the state currently loses due to unidentifiable cars on its roads.

Last edited:
It’s possible they just transferred the plates from their previous car. My current car has the same exact plates on it that my previous car did.

Anyway, nice to see several shots of a Model 3 with a front mounted plate. Front plates are required in NJ and while I’m not thrilled about putting it on the front, it actually doesn’t look too horrible.
That yellow orange plate on the front is hideous. At least a white plate isn't so noticeable.

Reactions: Rich966 and Topher
Status
Not open for further replies.