Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Tesla totally wants an even longer line for a car they're still tooling up for, rather than the cars they can sell today (/snark) Tesla has been *anti-selling* the M3, and for a reason.

The cars are clean because they're *brand new cars*, owned by Tesla executives, in CA and NV. That you'd expect them to be scratched up or caked wiyh mud is silly. And these are hardly "glamour shots", it's a guy sitting in his car in a not particularly tidy garage, or an outdoor shot with a motorcycle randomly intruding in the foreground - both with white balance overexposed, and clearly taken from cell phones.

I love the conspiracy theories here.

"Pictures not posted" = Its a conspiracy! Tesla is holding a gun to owners' heads to stop them! Or there were no deliveries - it's all a scam!

"Pictures posted" = It's a conspiracy! Tesla is deliberately leaking out pictures to get people to hold onto their money for 1,5 to 2 years!
LOL. I was just expressing a curiosity. If I saw a rare care parked without the driver in it, I would be taking more than one outside picture. Coincidentally (or not?:eek:;)) , did you notice that shortly after my post, this post appeared? Silver Model 3 (sub 30 VIN) at the Factory - more along the line of a Tesla fan coming across one (though I would have snapped a photo of the AP cameras). Notice that the car was parked at a charger but not plugged in, almost like someone parked it there in a rush just to take the pictures? Now, who would have access to such a car and want to do that? ;) Gotta go put my tin foil hat back on...:p

Last edited:
Nice shots.

Though you can also clearly see some fit and finish issues on the left front corner of the hood. :eek:
P7e9xYb.jpg

Reactions: 0ptions
The best part of those pictures of a production car is that I now know for certain that I won't have a two beer job to remove the front license plate bracket like I did for my 2016 S. For those of you who don't know, the S brackets had been attached from the factory with bizarre fasteners and some sticky gunk.

What do you mean?

If you're talking about the larger shadow, that's because the car is illuminated from the right. It doesn't necessarily mean a larger panel gap. It could, but I wouldn't assume so from this shot.

Pretty sure that's not just a shadow, looking at the other pics. It's noticeable in every photo the LF is in. Definitely something a little off.
L8SH9g2.jpg

Reactions: 0ptions and Matias
LOL. I was just expressing a curiosity. If I saw a rare care parked without the driver in it, I would be taking more than one outside picture. Coincidentally (or not?:eek:;)) , did you notice that shortly after my post, this post appeared? Silver Model 3 (sub 30 VIN) at the Factory - more along the line of a Tesla fan coming across one (though I would have snapped a photo of the AP cameras). Notice that the car was parked at a charger but not plugged in, almost like someone parked it there in a rush just to take the pictures? Now, who would have access to such a car and want to do that? ;) Gotta go put my tin foil hat back on...:p

Back in the RC days I might have been inclined to take pictures of the inside, but why would I poke in somebody's car. now? We have tons of detailed pictures of the interior, so I don't really see the point. All the interiors are exactly the same.

I also saw that particular Model 3 up close a few days ago (not going to say where, so don't bother asking). It is gorgeous. Looked very closely -- through the windshield -- at the dash vent. There are closely spaced (1/4" approx) small silver slats present. They appear to be fixed. The air direction controls are apparently behind those slats.

Reactions: jimmyz80 and JeffK
I also saw that particular Model 3 up close a few days ago (not going to say where, so don't bother asking). It is gorgeous. Looked very closely -- through the windshield -- at the dash vent. There are closely spaced (1/4" approx) small silver slats present. They appear to be fixed. The air direction controls are apparently behind those slats.
You mean the illumio hq in sunnyvale? or somewhere mysterious.

Reactions: jwilf
Status
Not open for further replies.