Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my first real sighting of the M3 today. Headed North on 405 in Santa Monica. Beautiful car! I can agree that all the perspectives of photographs (wide angle or zoom or whatever) do NOT do it justice, it's proportions are perfect. Here are my observations after following it (and next to it) for about 5 miles....
  • The LED headlights were brilliantly white. I was right behind it and noticing how much whiter and brighter their lights were vs mine! Very nice
  • The rear deck was quite high. As I looked into the car from behind, that rear deck was rather high. Probably not ideal for looking out of rear view mirror (see the photo)
  • NEVER saw the brake lights. I should have a few times. This tells me that the brake lights need to be more sensitive to negative G's from the regen braking. From 50+MPH down to stop and NEVER saw brake lights. Didn't like this.
  • I can't wait for mine!
    IMG_20171115_170915.jpg

Spotted this beauty in San Diego today, VIN 390. The aero wheels looked better in person with the white pearl paint than the photo shows.

VIN 390.jpg

I've really been torn between the White Pearl and Midnight Silver Metallic. I've now seen both colors in person, and it's not gotten any easier to choose - HA! It's just hard to go wrong with such a great looking car. My wife wants me to get the Red Multi-Coat, but that's just so she can try to take it away from me. ;)

The LED headlights were brilliantly white. I was right behind it and noticing how much whiter and brighter their lights were vs mine! Very nice

You can see in your photo how the headlights illuminate the road ahead with that heavenly white light. Impressive!
The rear deck was quite high. As I looked into the car from behind, that rear deck was rather high. Probably not ideal for looking out of rear view mirror
Rearview camera?

NEVER saw the brake lights. I should have a few times. This tells me that the brake lights need to be more sensitive to negative G's from the regen braking. From 50+MPH down to stop and NEVER saw brake lights. Didn't like this.
I wonder what it takes to activate brake lights with regen.

I can't wait for mine!
Pictures certainly help the wait. Thank you.

I'll be in the vicinity of the Buena Park SC next week for a couple of days during Thanksgiving. I'll try to bop over and see if I can snag my first sighting.

Following Vins in the Video. Looks like the group in Playa Vista again. Did my best to read them but miss one. Some are reported already.

? can't read

Looking at the pics there are at least 7 additional M3s in the second row that are not in the Video. More rows are behind but hard to say if that are all M3s. Spotted a MX in between as well.

A new report came out and someone counted at least 26 M3 at that place! Most of them with repair notes. It looks like they all need some fixing which would explain all the dust as they may be standing since a while. Maybe just some effort to get them ready and they don't have the capacity right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.