Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that show the Autopilot is set to be *1* car length behind when driving with the adaptive cruise control? Or is that just a multiplier of a dynamic distance based on speed, like 1 car stopping distance, cause 1 car length would scare the pants off me unless following a semi that cannot stop as fast as the Tesla.

-Randy

See this thread, it is a dynamic value that adjusts based on speed;

Why does the AP stalk settings adjust follow distance by "car length" and not time in seconds? • r/teslamotors

"1" is very tight but apparently they feel it to be within the cars capability to stop in a timely manner if necessary.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
I didn't realize the rear window defroster lines were in an upside down box shape.

Both trunks look great. I would've been fine with what we saw at the 2016 reveal but this is even better. No storage concerns whatsoever. And that fold flat space is nice. No sleeping in the back for me though. I'll probably recline the front seat on the infrequent occasion I sleep in the car.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Can the driver disable the screen inputs? Keep nosy hands from changing things.
Disabling screen inputs would disable them for the driver as well (who may need to use them while operating the vehicle). The car can't distinguish if the screen input came from the driver or passenger. It's the same problem as the front passenger messing with the radio or AC settings on more conventional cars. Just slap their hand away and tell them not to mess with your car. :)

BRAND NEW TESLA MODEL 3 SEEN AT FACTORY! - YouTube • r/teslamotors

Model 3 VIN# 15 Spotted supercharging in Gilroy, CA • r/teslamotors
jgIgoON.jpg

YSjAnd3.jpg

Yn1bWFY.jpg

hu0Zdpq.jpg

uWg0YGD.jpg

Pr3b5ph.jpg

B76N0GJ.jpg

I'm torn on this.

On the one hand, run-flats suck.

On the other hand, tire inflator/slime kits also suck and run-flats have improved a lot over the last 5 years.
One flat in the last ten years or more. That was on a run flat and tire people said that run flats can't be repaired. My 15 year old CRV lived for years on construction sites and never had a flat. I carry a small compressor and plugs that seems enough.

I didn't realize until I saw the Motor Trend photos from last week that there's a sizable cubbyhole under the main trunk area. Great place to store stuff that you don't normally need to access, such as emergency/tire repair kit, air pump, foul weather gear, etc.

To think that some had opined we'd be lucky to be able to stash a case of beer in the trunk. :)

I've had seven flats in the last ten years. Once, I tried to call roadside assistance because it was supposed to be free, but they said they were going to take an hour and a half to get to me so I just changed the tire myself. Useless, and I was in Chicago too, you'd think in a large city they'd be quicker (it was a weekend non-rush hour before you ask).

The frunk is certainly a lot larger than in the reveal event last year. That's good.
I wonder if that's due to a redesign of the opening or if it's due to RWD vs. AWD? The production cars are currently RWD and I seem to recall that one of the 3/31/2016 demo drivers said the prototypes were AWD. Anyway, since I'm getting RWD, the larger frunk is goodness.

I didn't realize until I saw the Motor Trend photos from last week that there's a sizable cubbyhole under the main trunk area. Great place to store stuff that you don't normally need to access, such as emergency/tire repair kit, air pump, foul weather gear, etc.

To think that some had opined we'd be lucky to be able to stash a case of beer in the trunk. :)

There seems to be three areas for out of the way storage - that area under the main trunk, deep in the front console, and the frunk. Those options will leave the trunk normally empty for many people.

The frunk is probably a bit smaller than it may seem in some photos.

There seems to be three areas for out of the way storage - that area under the main trunk, deep in the front console, and the frunk. Those options will leave the trunk normally empty for many people.

The frunk is probably a bit smaller than it may seem in some photos.
Not out-of-the-way storage, but those fat door pockets that seem big enough to accommodate some water bottles are also a welcome addition. As a sedan, Tesla did a nice job with the Model 3 in terms of storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.