Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's the same red as on the S. It just fits better somehow on the 3; subjectively speaking, the S's proportions never quite jelled with the red.

Interesting, a friend has the S in red and I think it's gorgeous, my favorite S color. Hard to imagine it will be even better on the 3. I have yet to see a 3 in person so at this point I actually prefer the sleeker styling of the S.

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
So clearly Tesla developed this adapter to test the M3 in Europe. There's no mention if this unique adapter will be produced or available for sale to ordinary owners. My guess would be "no."
Unless that "ordinary owner" has a 'special relationship' with Tesla and Tesla allowed him to use the adapter for testing and low key promotional purposes to stick it in the eye of the legacy makers in England, France, Italy, and Germany. You underestimate Elon's competitive nature. I think he wants to force the legacy automakers to up their EV programs NOW!

Yes, it's the same red as on the S. It just fits better somehow on the 3; subjectively speaking, the S's proportions never quite jelled with the red. We had never owned a red car before but, felt that it was the better bet of the two real colors, red and blue; we didn't want any of the other "shades of gray".
I agree, although the MS/X will look beautiful in any color. I think the bright colors - red, blue, white - translate better to the size and playful design vernacular of the model 3. In my opinion, the MS/X just looks more appropriate and sedate in the darker colors - black, shades of gray - not so the model 3. Tesla needs additional bright colors for the model 3 - orange, burple, green (eventually).

Tesla needs additional bright colors for the model 3 - orange, burple, green (eventually).

Agreed, a thousand times over. I realllllly wanted to get blue for mine but unlike what you see in some pics, it is *not* a bright blue. It's very dark when not under intense, direct light. If they offered a proper bright blue I'd be all over it, or some sort of eye-pain-inducing orange like Lamborghini uses. Maybe a bright green would work for me too, depends on the exact shade though, green can be awful when misused.

Alas, I shall take midnight silver because I'm never owning another black car, and regular silver should be called "I gave up". White looks fine from most angles but I dislike how much the ultrasonic sensors and tow hook cover stand out in person.

57118D07-833D-4FFE-A279-60036D2EBDA9.jpeg
943299D8-B273-4D46-BD69-47BE0C384F2C.jpeg
D4DED094-B0BA-466E-8122-86AEAF7FCCD7.jpeg
VIN 2467 and 1061 at Truckee Supercharger

Agreed, a thousand times over. I realllllly wanted to get blue for mine but unlike what you see in some pics, it is *not* a bright blue. It's very dark when not under intense, direct light. If they offered a proper bright blue I'd be all over it, or some sort of eye-pain-inducing orange like Lamborghini uses. Maybe a bright green would work for me too, depends on the exact shade though, green can be awful when misused.

Alas, I shall take midnight silver because I'm never owning another black car, and regular silver should be called "I gave up". White looks fine from most angles but I dislike how much the ultrasonic sensors and tow hook cover stand out in person.
Saw midnight silver today in the wild. Wasn’t even on our list until today.. it is a sparkly magic color. Also saw blue and for some reason it looks much darker on the M3 than on our MX. Don’t know why.

vin#1007 found at Dedham SC around Dec 17th under the lights, will give a different perspective. The red looks different under different lighting conditions.
EDIT: its somewhat closer to crimson-red in bmw 335 (my current car)

Also, do note the OCT registration, so this 3 has been in mass/new-england area for a while now.

nqVoTLn.jpg

FJXAAnK.jpg

rvI74uJ.jpg

4ckzYpk.jpg

V8j3eni.jpg

WKuDSO3.jpg

0pBlADW.jpg

8mEXWrs.jpg

FzfLrcb.jpg

Bgc37Im.jpg
Artificial light can really affect how red looks. Sodium vapor lights make it look almost black.

Saw midnight silver today in the wild. Wasn’t even on our list until today.. it is a sparkly magic color. Also saw blue and for some reason it looks much darker on the M3 than on our MX. Don’t know why.

Indeed. Also by getting midnight silver I continue a completely unintentional pattern. All of my german cars have been black, my japanese cars have been white, and my lone (and current) American car is grey, so the midnight silver fits ;)

Yes, it's the same red as on the S. It just fits better somehow on the 3; subjectively speaking, the S's proportions never quite jelled with the red. We had never owned a red car before but, felt that it was the better bet of the two real colors, red and blue; we didn't want any of the other "shades of gray".
Yikes, I couldn't disagree more. The red on the S looks beyond awesome! I haven't seen the red on the 3, but red on the S is just incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.