Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you post some pictures from the inside and outside? I'm thinking of doing the same and just having the lower part tinted instead of the whole thing but concerned it will look weird.

OK. I’ll take some pics.

It does look a little weird from the inside if the light is at the right angle but when looking form the review mirror it doesn’t really look weird at all because you don’t see the edge.

The tint shop did a bunch of model 3s and had their cutting point pretty much perfect.

Here is a nice fresh production build closeup (note the major misalignment including rubbing of the metal panels on front left)
alignment2.jpg

Unfortunately yes. Long story short, if I didn't take delivery they would have removed me from the delivery queue and I would have had to start all over again (not very customer friendly). There are many other issues that they have submitted for approval to resolve.
You would have been removed from the delivery queue? WOW.... That's not good, but good to know.

What are you going to do now? Service Center?

You would have been removed from the delivery queue? WOW.... That's not good, but good to know.

What are you going to do now? Service Center?
Yes, service center has submitted all necessary pictures of this and many other things to headquarters. Note that this is my second delivery attempt and why the push back on losing my place in line. This one looks perfect compared to the last one.

The good news is it sounds like it is easy to get parts, compared to the S/X.

EDIT: Second delivery attempt, not my second order. The last car was rejected.

Last edited:
Yes, service center has submitted all necessary pictures of this and many other things to headquarters. Note that this is my second delivery attempt and why the push back on losing my place in line. This one looks perfect compared to the last one.

The good news is it sounds like it is easy to get parts, compared to the S/X.

EDIT: Second delivery attempt, not my second order. The last car was rejected.

As much as I dislike that you had problems on the deliveries it is good you are forcing them to be fixed. They need to correct these types of issues as soon as possible.

Here is a nice fresh production build closeup (note the major misalignment including rubbing of the metal panels on front left)

Thank you, everyone gains when these sorts of slips are flagged. I'm a bit disappointed though, as the Model 3s coming off the line seemed to be built to a higher standard. This is precisely why Tesla needs to ramp only as fast as quality can be assured - once production is in high gear, there's just no way that fixing thousands of 3's a month at service centers can go well.

Hope Tesla sorts this out and that you then can fully enjoy your new Model 3.

View attachment 275805

Unfortunately its probably common, at least up to end of December. My friends had a fixes needed for exterior @ delivery. Interior was perfect.
I would have had mine in Dec but delaying for all wheel drive and hopefully better exterior build.

Status
Not open for further replies.