Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today at the Littleton, CO location, I ran into the exact Model 3 configuration that I'm planning on--blue with 18" aeros. So of course I had to park my blue Nissan Leaf next to it and take some comparison shots for sizing. Apologies for the low quality--these are just cell phone shots. As expected the 3 was longer and wider, but I did not expect the height difference to be as pronounced as it is in person. The 3 is about 4" shorter but it looks/feels like more in person.

And no, I did not grab the VIN.

IMG_20180128_114726.jpg IMG_20180128_114719.jpg IMG_20180128_114706.jpg IMG_20180128_114656.jpg IMG_20180128_114648.jpg IMG_20180128_114634.jpg IMG_20180128_114625.jpg

Today at the Littleton, CO location, I ran into the exact Model 3 configuration that I'm planning on--blue with 18" aeros. So of course I had to park my blue Nissan Leaf next to it and take some comparison shots for sizing. Apologies for the low quality--these are just cell phone shots. As expected the 3 was longer and wider, but I did not expect the height difference to be as pronounced as it is in person. The 3 is about 4" shorter but it looks/feels like more in person.

And no, I did not grab the VIN.

View attachment 276458 View attachment 276459 View attachment 276460 View attachment 276461 View attachment 276462 View attachment 276463 View attachment 276464
Thanks for that - I got to see the showroom car in Boston yesterday, and generally felt that it was larger than my Leaf (aside from the height), so seeing how close they are is helpful. (I'm also jealous of your blue Leaf, that wasn't an option in '14, but soon to be remedied with the 3)

Reactions: Zaxxon

The only thing I found to be less spacious in the M3 vs. my 2011 LEAF was the entry/exit. I'm 6" 2", and have to bend down more with the M3 so I don't hit my head on the frame at the roof. I can live with that! :D

2 stickers too many. Only need one on the lower right. Carpool is the left lane, unnecessary sticker on the left. Nice stance.
The DMV requires one large sticker on the rear and two small ones on the side/rear. I actually put one on the front left side and one on the rear. Sometimes the CHP hang out on the left side so it makes sense having one in front so they see the sticker as you approach them.

Cutting to the chase, no pics

However, i was driving down Kato Rd alongside the model 3 lot (per my daily commute home) and noticed a blue model 3 coming the opposite direction (towards the factory) . At first I didn't notice anything special, except that when it began to pass me, I had a good glimpse at the interior and to my surprise it was white!

It passed so fast I knew I wouldn't be able to catch up with it, so I didn't bother. It's moments like this that make me wish I had a dashcam :)

In any case, this seems to indicate the "fall 2017" white interior release is immanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.