Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Signature Custom Clear Bra and Spectra Photosync tint @ 35% for a nice contrast, heat rejection, and aggressive yet classy look.
m3_0.jpg
m3_2.jpg
m3_3.jpg
m3_4.jpg

I'm always amazed to hear stories of people who got tickets or pulled over for it. I've been driving in CA for 10 years with no plates on every car I've owned and never been pulled over for it.

Same here for me. I'm in RI, which is a 2-plate state, and I've been driving my car for over 12 years without ever getting pulled over. I also refused to mount the plate bracket on my wife's new car. And there's no chance in hell I'm ever going to mount a plate on the front of my Model 3, whenever I get it.

--Cintoman

I rarely had a problem with no front plate and if I did, it was a fixit tikit so I would dangle the plate with a paper clip and have the cop sign off on it and yank it right back off and away I would go.

Then I got married. Now we have to follow the *law*. Not the only thing that changed in my life, definitely not complaining about being married.

-Randy

I'm always amazed to hear stories of people who got tickets or pulled over for it. I've been driving in CA for 10 years with no plates on every car I've owned and never been pulled over for it.
I had an informal chat with 4 CHP officers at lunch about 6 months ago. I brought up the subject of front plates. They unanimously said that they will not pull over a car because of no front plate............but if you are pulled over for other reasons (speeding) they will ticket for other infractions like no front plate. They cautioned, that local city police have an entirely different protocol, so beware!

It's sad, but front plate is required in CA. I was 1 block from home in Pleasanton, CA and pulled over for front plate.
The officer was more interested in the MX car & doors back then, but if I ever get an M3, I'd just install plate and be done with it.
Well, I'm in NY so I'll be installing it as well. Judging by the fact that I never see cars without one I'm pretty sure they're strict about it here.

Well, I'm in NY so I'll be installing it as well. Judging by the fact that I never see cars without one I'm pretty sure they're strict about it here.
Same here in Mass. I really wish the carmakers would just design the bumper to take them, like they do in the back. It seems to me it would look better to fill the space with a cover that matches the bumper in the places that don't require it, than to have to stick on an ugly bracket in the places that do.

I think it depends on location and driving routes. I drove 95% on freeway and I really really don't think highway patrol is going to pull me over for no front license plate. I have over 500,000 miles driven total in the last 20 years without front license plates. It's the local police and parking patrol who do this. So then it depends on the cities your live, work and visit. I know that if you ever park in Santa Monica on the street, or LAX at the long term parking.. put your front plate on! Otherwise it is like $25.

Saw another here in NoVA today: Dark colored (black?) with dark rims going North on Claiborne in Ashburn @ about 6pm.

If the woman driving is reading this, I'm the Dark Blue Model S that gave you the thumbs-up at the intersection...

(sorry no pic)

Saw another here in NoVA today: Dark colored (black?) with dark rims going North on Claiborne in Ashburn @ about 6pm.

If the woman driving is reading this, I'm the Dark Blue Model S that gave you the thumbs-up at the intersection...

(sorry no pic)

I have seen same car in Harris Teeter at Brambleton. If you find red with aero in Brambleton area after three weeks, that would be me :)

Reactions: scaesare
Status
Not open for further replies.