Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
atshHAt.jpg
Guesses as to the fluid running from under the car? It looks fresh. (please, no
t9716.gif
jokes but I see them coming )

And how about those stupid serial numbers-- why not assign number one to the first car, and number 2 to the second --- the first 30 "production" cars (now wondering what that means) would not be 1 through 30, fur sure.
One reason is that the VIN is created and associated with a particular car when the order for that car is entered into the computer systems that manage production. But the cars may be built in a different sequence than orders were entered, due to part availability, batching of things like paint, or all sorts of other reasons. So even if the VINs are created sequentially, it happens too early in the process to guarantee that it matches production order.

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Thanks. So an RC car is not the same car as "production" car.
So, like, a beta version?

Also, keep in mind that while we may now see a steady stream of production cars, there may also still be older RCs undergoing additional testing AND we may start to see Alpha/Beta/RC versions of AWD and performance models being produced before those are production ready. The car seen with big wheels could possibly be a performance / AWD test car.

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Is there an album of photos of the production Model 3 on this forum or elsewhere on the web? Just photos, no posts.

I've looked through all the photos in this thread and in news articles on the Internet and there is something I don't see on the vehicle: the model designation, neither in front, nor at the back, nor on either side, nor anywhere on the inside, nor on the display screen.

No «three equal length horizontal stylized lines in the manner of a stylized number 3» as per trademark registration No. 86946030.
large

No «word "MODEL" next to three equal length horizontal stylized lines in the manner of a stylized number 3» as per trademark registration No. 86960135.
large

Does everybody else also not see it?

It's just that I had been looking forward to getting a car with the stylized Chinese character for the number 3 ( 三 ) on it, but I agree that only the Tesla logo, without model information, tends to make the car look more prestigious. I can live with that.

It was, of course, rather cheeky of Elon Musk to take the letter E as used in the trademark «TESLA» and try to get it registered with the description of a stylized number 3 after having lost against Ford with the trademark application for «Model E»

Status
Not open for further replies.