Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke at the annual Solar Congress in Charleston, WV as a solar homeowner and an EV owner this past weekend. The Civic Center Coliseum allowed two EVs to park near the conference rooms and it was my car and one other. A third EV showed up and parked nearby later in the day. All Model 3s. :)

Model3-2.jpg Model3-1.jpg Model3-3.jpg

Got my lr dual motor on Saturday. Spent the last few days washing, decon, polishing (carp essence) and coating. 2 coats of Cquartz is 3.0 and one coAt of CarPro gliss.
Look what I have waiting (besides me) on my Model 3. Did my ELR about 2 years ago and here it is at about 1½ years. A lot of work but well worth the results and is FAR superior to waxing every 2 weeks. So less work overall.

IMG_0405 (1).jpg
IMG_4443.jpg

Did you have any high spots you missed when buffing. I have one or 2 as my garage wasn’t lit to my liking but was all I had. Didn’t notice them until it was too late. Best way to fix it?

Pro tip for anyone doing this themselves. Very worth it, not too hard just takes a long time but make sure you have GOOD lighting to make sure all product is buffed off.

Did you have any high spots you missed when buffing. I have one or 2 as my garage wasn’t lit to my liking but was all I had. Didn’t notice them until it was too late. Best way to fix it?

Pro tip for anyone doing this themselves. Very worth it, not too hard just takes a long time but make sure you have GOOD lighting to make sure all product is buffed off.
Yes, I had 2 drops that I didn't notice until after. Use isopropyl alcohol in spray bottle and clean microfiber. Took a little rubbing but came off and then applied 2 new coats to the door.
IMG_3796.jpg

I sat thru a very interesting episode of Obsessed Garage on YouTube yesterday about Maguire's new Hybrid Wax product. Looks like everyone is going after those of us who have already coated their cars but want to keep the beading Tip Top.

My detail guy just did a touch up to the OptiCoat Pro install he did last year when I got my Model 3 because I was complaining about the surface not rejecting water the way it did. He said that it was because of things getting on the surface, namely my Wax & Dry products. All he had to do was strip the surface BACK DOWN to the Opticoat to get it all new again.

But I do like a product to dry the car with and make it slick, so I may try out these new surface protectants, spray on spray off with a hose, like the Maguire's or the 303 Touchless Sealant. They try to fill the swirls that have happened despite having the ceramic coating on my paint.

-Randy

I sat thru a very interesting episode of Obsessed Garage on YouTube yesterday about Maguire's new Hybrid Wax product. Looks like everyone is going after those of us who have already coated their cars but want to keep the beading Tip Top.

My detail guy just did a touch up to the OptiCoat Pro install he did last year when I got my Model 3 because I was complaining about the surface not rejecting water the way it did. He said that it was because of things getting on the surface, namely my Wax & Dry products. All he had to do was strip the surface BACK DOWN to the Opticoat to get it all new again.

But I do like a product to dry the car with and make it slick, so I may try out these new surface protectants, spray on spray off with a hose, like the Maguire's or the 303 Touchless Sealant. They try to fill the swirls that have happened despite having the ceramic coating on my paint.

-Randy
I'll have to look into this. I have used plenty of "topcoat" products before including ones that are specifically made for ceramic coatings from those particular manufactures.

Status
Not open for further replies.