TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pictures of production Model 3s

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by TEG, Jul 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Active Member

I sat thru a very interesting episode of Obsessed Garage on YouTube yesterday about Maguire's new Hybrid Wax product. Looks like everyone is going after those of us who have already coated their cars but want to keep the beading Tip Top.

My detail guy just did a touch up to the OptiCoat Pro install he did last year when I got my Model 3 because I was complaining about the surface not rejecting water the way it did. He said that it was because of things getting on the surface, namely my Wax & Dry products. All he had to do was strip the surface BACK DOWN to the Opticoat to get it all new again.

But I do like a product to dry the car with and make it slick, so I may try out these new surface protectants, spray on spray off with a hose, like the Maguire's or the 303 Touchless Sealant. They try to fill the swirls that have happened despite having the ceramic coating on my paint.

-Randy

2. Kilotango74

Kilotango74 Member

I'll have to look into this. I have used plenty of "topcoat" products before including ones that are specifically made for ceramic coatings from those particular manufactures.

3. Burrito

Burrito Member

I haven’t tried this but have used o&s bead maker. Very similar product. It’s amazing. Check out “pan the organizer” YouTube channel. Awesome detailer and one video compares the 2

4. SanDiegoM3

SanDiegoM3 Member

Just came in ;)

White on White AWD

Attached Files:

• Love x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. ammulder

ammulder '98 GS400 -> P3D+

At the Baldpate Mountain trailhead, NJ. (And yeah, that should be “mountain” in finger quotes.)
    92164B28-78C1-43BF-9206-C1580AE1BBA8.jpeg

• Like x 3
  6. silentcorp

silentcorp Member

Been having a lot of fun driving this thing in the mountains with the new summer tires! Best car ever!!!
    [​IMG]

• Like x 6
    • Love x 1
  7. Brokinarrow

Brokinarrow Member

• Like x 3
  8. Jsorell

Jsorell Member

Just brought her home today. SR+ May 2019 birthday, no issues at all during delivery and all good so far...fingers crossed. What an excellent drive home, amazing.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  9. ShaneXman

ShaneXman Member

For those of you who have taken delivery in the last couple of days (VIN ~360xxx+ or thereabouts), take a look under your rear bumper at the underbody / diffuser panel. Do you have a removable panel where a hitch would / could be installed like the Model X has? If so, snap a couple of pictures and do some digging as to what's underneath if you would. I noticed this panel at my local delivery center this past week, but I neglected to snap any pictures and the store employees wouldn't let me pull the panel off to do any further digging. Thanks in advance! :)

This is the Model X, but the 3 I saw looked similar...

Tesla-Model-X-Tow-Hitch-Receiver-Cover.jpg
    Tesla-Model-X-Tow-Hitch-Receiver.jpg

-Shane

10. Jsorell

Jsorell Member

I have VIN 398xxx and do not see a panel

11. ShaneXman

ShaneXman Member

#5631 ShaneXman, May 16, 2019 at 3:27 PM
    Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 3:35 PM
    What is your build? The one I was looking at was an AWD (non-Performance) w/ black interior, built on 5/10/19. I do know that VINs don't necessarily line up with production dates since VINs are assigned in batches ahead of time. What's the build date in your door jamb?

-Shane

12. ShaneXman

ShaneXman Member

Never mind, I see that your car is a SR+ built this month 5/19. Maybe just the AWD / Performance assembly line? I don't know...

-Shane

13. JulienW

JulienW Member

Which would seem odd since the towing package is not offered on the Performance.

14. Jsorell

Jsorell Member

Its possible

15. ShaneXman

ShaneXman Member

Who knows...

But I'd imagine we'll know here pretty quickly as people take more deliveries. The ever changing car. :p

-Shane

• Like x 1
  16. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

The Model S isn't rated for a trailer, but there are some aftermarket hitches for it and some people tow with it. Tesla has a habit of putting changes into production before announcing it so maybe a towing option is coming for the Model 3?

17. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Active Member

I am surprised they are doing such a low tow hitch on the Model 3. If there were Air Suspension they could raise it, but my original 3P hitch scrapes every time I pull in/out of the driveway and don't crank the wheel around. If it's a factory hitch I would think they could come straight out the back thru a factory modified body panel.

I am dying to know what options Tow Mode for the Model 3 offers and if it will be available in all cars or only those from the factory. This detour probably should have been posted in a Towing thread. Moderators?

-Randy

18. Cnasty

Cnasty Active Member

Oreo finally got her chrome delete.

Thinking of lowering it about an inch or so. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  19. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare For the Love of EVs

Use low suspension. Duh.

20. Jsorell

Jsorell Member