Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been having a lot of fun driving this thing in the mountains with the new summer tires! Best car ever!!!
qBoUqix.jpg

For those of you who have taken delivery in the last couple of days (VIN ~360xxx+ or thereabouts), take a look under your rear bumper at the underbody / diffuser panel. Do you have a removable panel where a hitch would / could be installed like the Model X has? If so, snap a couple of pictures and do some digging as to what's underneath if you would. I noticed this panel at my local delivery center this past week, but I neglected to snap any pictures and the store employees wouldn't let me pull the panel off to do any further digging. Thanks in advance! :)

This is the Model X, but the 3 I saw looked similar...

Tesla-Model-X-Tow-Hitch-Receiver-Cover.jpg

Tesla-Model-X-Tow-Hitch-Receiver.jpg

-Shane

For those of you who have taken delivery in the last couple of days (VIN ~360xxx+ or thereabouts), take a look under your rear bumper at the underbody / diffuser panel. Do you have a removable panel where a hitch would / could be installed like the Model X has? If so, snap a couple of pictures and do some digging as to what's underneath if you would. I noticed this panel at my local delivery center this past week, but I neglected to snap any pictures and the store employees wouldn't let me pull the panel off to do any further digging. Thanks in advance! :)

This is the Model X, but the 3 I saw looked similar...

View attachment 408392
View attachment 408393

-Shane
I have VIN 398xxx and do not see a panel

I am surprised they are doing such a low tow hitch on the Model 3. If there were Air Suspension they could raise it, but my original 3P hitch scrapes every time I pull in/out of the driveway and don't crank the wheel around. If it's a factory hitch I would think they could come straight out the back thru a factory modified body panel.

I am dying to know what options Tow Mode for the Model 3 offers and if it will be available in all cars or only those from the factory. This detour probably should have been posted in a Towing thread. Moderators?

-Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.