Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
file.php

Best picture yet to directly compare.
Great pic.

So, people, please put a miniature hub cap on your hub so it doesn't get dirty; the cap helps avoid dirt getting in there. I don't know if the Model 3 is ruggedized if the main hub cap is off, but I've seen many other car types where that tiny little center cap prevents dirt getting into the thing that holds the wheel on (!).

The hard part here is you have to invent and create such a piece (times 4).

RCs (the ones with red buttons inside required by law as those where test vehicles) had "bad" VINs (no proper VINs required in test vehicles) with:
5YJ3A

I forget who convinced us that there was no separate distinguishing digit, but I guess that was wrong.

Check digit is for parity (or whatever) validation. It can't be changed on a whim. It's calculated using math formula from all the other.

That doesn't mean that the information of prod/RC can't be encoded in there. It wouldn't be obvious from looking at it, but Tesla would be able to tell the difference (by decoding it using both).

sort of like the old Corvette Mako.

Should I be worried that I am disturbed that they would name a Stingray after a shark? (Does look cool.)

Thank you kindly

Are videos cool to post here? I saw this one posted over on the Tesla subreddit.

For anyone who happens to see a Model 3 in the wild, don't be like this guy. No touchy the car please.
If someone is pinched for money, a simple ~$100 "Ceramic Coat" add on to a usual car wash (with full detail, ~$350, =~$450 out the door) at AJ's Auto Detail at Coleman & Taylor in San Jose every 6 months will be able to do wonders on protecting the car and being able to wipe off bugs. I recommend this to any car owner who either plans to get plastic wrap or can't afford plastic wrap before or in lieu of the plastic wrap, because the ceramic, while not as good, is a huge amount better than raw. I was able to wipe the bugs off my Model S much easier after the ceramic coat. It does require re-coating every 6 months or so. Over the life of the car, it is same capital cost as the plastic wrap, but the plastic wrap is better, so if you have the capital, get the full plastic wrap instead. Get the ceramic if there's ANY delay at all, though.

I presume the ceramic coating at AJ's is available with cheaper car washes; it might be had for $200 all-out or even $160 or so. Last time I went, I had a full detail on either the interior or exterior of the car, and added the ceramic to that, which is why my only example bill was pretty high.

I suspect all the RC's in the 3xx range will be delivered as production vehicles or used as corporate vehicles. Whatever distance between these vehicles and a production vehicle may be extremely small and likely can be retrofitted.

I forget who convinced us that there was no separate distinguishing digit, but I guess that was wrong.

That doesn't mean that the information of prod/RC can't be encoded in there. It wouldn't be obvious from looking at it, but Tesla would be able to tell the difference (by decoding it using both).

Should I be worried that I am disturbed that they would name a Stingray after a shark? (Does look cool.)

Thank you kindly
I checked the check digit on two known RC, they are different.

I suspect all the RC's in the 3xx range will be delivered as production vehicles or used as corporate vehicles. Whatever distance between these vehicles and a production vehicle may be extremely small and likely can be retrofitted.
3xx are not RCs. They're production models as I said on previous page. And of course they can be sold unlike test vehicles (aka RCs). But I think they will be using VINs#3xx to make practical tests of software for the foreseeable future.

This is the truth(tm):

-Not all 3xx were RC. There were holes and those "holes" can be used for production vehicles
-RC cars will not be sold. They will be either scrapped at some point, or used for future mules for new testing

This truth might not be 100% truth, but I believe it to be correct.

Was dead set on white until someone pointed out that all the sensors are more obvious on white. Now cannot unsee :(
May have to be black...

Can you even see the large tow hook circle thing on the white car in this post? I can't. Which means I sure as turds can't see the sensors lol. And neither will just about everyone you drive by or who walks past your car.

Reactions: plankeye
I was considering a wrap.
Much better! I confess I don't know how hard it is to find a wrap for wheels. If TMC posters are able to show some good wheel wrap color combinations, some 3rd party sellers could make a bit of business wrapping Tesla wheels; I have no idea how much. A set of four obviously helps, but it is rather labor intensive, right?

Last edited:
Much better! I confess I don't know how hard it is to find a wrap for wheels. If TMC posters are able to show some good wheel wrap color combinations, some 3rd party sellers could make a bit of business wrapping Tesla wheels; I have no idea how much. A set of four obviously helps, but it is rather labor intensive, right?
There are tons of videos on YouTube wrapping wheels.

I like this guy.

We believe that the Model 3's being delivered from the Service Center in Austin TX are for the SpaceX employees at their McGregor facility. That made me wonder where the deliveries are taking place for the SpaceX employees in Hawthorne. At a nearby SC? Is there someone on this thread from the LA area that can do some sleuthing and maybe discover another cache of Model 3's that haven't been spotted yet?

• Helpful
Reactions: JRP3
Status
Not open for further replies.