Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
100% certain.
The middle one in the rear is adjustable though.
The only reason the rear middle one is adjustable is they created low profile one to help with rear visibility. The fixed middle one in the S is annoying as it really blocks rear visibility.

Seems somewhat odd that the front seat headrests wouldn't be adjustable. I guess it does cut down on cost and complexity. I'm average height and the seat backs seem pretty tall, so I'm sure won't be an issue for me, but for some really tall people, might be.

Spotted my first Model 3 in downtown SF this morning and it is more gorgeous in person • r/teslamotors

tBVTbGY.jpg

• Love
Reactions: tomas
Is it me or the panel fit between the rear driver side door and the quarter panel seems better?
View attachment 249031
On 2nd thought maybe not, looking at the reflections in the 2 panels, they don't line up, so it's not a smooth transition.
Oh my favorite topic :p I think it is looking better, but not quite there yet.

california phantom youtube video is linked on reddit. has drone footage in 4k from the factory a week ago. i think it is possible to see some 3's clearly between some s/x vehicles.

there are possibly a great many 3's there, maybe hundreds - but i am working to verify. i am using the images around the 1:21-1:26 mark in the video.

see here the image i attached. the yellow reference line measures what i think is the length of a model x. the yellow ellipse is the reference outline of the side windows. the same shape is in red where the vehicles i think are 3's. shorter vehicle, smaller window outline.

i don't want to debate the trigonometric validity, so if the discussion goes in that direction some 3d modeler in the crowd will have to chime in. this image is only one small piece - there are possibly hundreds of 3's sitting in the corner back there, but i am unable to satisfy myself of that at this point.

Attachments

• tesla factory zoom.jpg
    tesla factory zoom.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 87
you sir missed your call with the CIA.

california phantom youtube video is linked on reddit. has drone footage in 4k from the factory a week ago. i think it is possible to see some 3's clearly between some s/x vehicles.

there are possibly a great many 3's there, maybe hundreds - but i am working to verify. i am using the images around the 1:21-1:26 mark in the video.

see here the image i attached. the yellow reference line measures what i think is the length of a model x. the yellow ellipse is the reference outline of the side windows. the same shape is in red where the vehicles i think are 3's. shorter vehicle, smaller window outline.

i don't want to debate the trigonometric validity, so if the discussion goes in that direction some 3d modeler in the crowd will have to chime in. this image is only one small piece - there are possibly hundreds of 3's sitting in the corner back there, but i am unable to satisfy myself of that at this point.

• Funny
Reactions: Matias
there are possibly hundreds of 3's sitting in the corner back there, but i am unable to satisfy myself of that at this point.

Good find on the pic, but I'm also unable to convince myself even when I pull a screenshot from the 2160p resolution video. There just aren't enough pixels to get a clear view of that small space. I don't think the 'draw a line' test works, since the line's relative size would change with each car's position relative to the drone. But the biggest reason I don't think there are a lot of 3s in there is that we'd expect to see a fairly large percentage of them have the 18" aero wheels, which are the easiest giveaway of a 3 from a distance since they are so much darker than most S/X wheels and have a 'fuller' dark pattern, if that wording makes sense..

Edit - Here's an aerial view of X/S/3 next to one another from Motor Trend, in case it helps any sleuths here...
model-x-s-3-charger-aerial-gigafactory-motor-trend.jpg

i am starting to doubt the picture i posted identifying 3's - i think i may have identified s's instead. will post if i can figure anything out. sorry and thanks for your patience with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.