Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here Ya go guys and gals. Super high res pics and video walk around of a Model 3
DSC00591-XL.jpg

My go to guy Joe just got his hands on a Model 3 for a full correction, wrap and protection, so a nice walk through from a pro who has seen over 2000 Teslas in his shop. Word has it that he has also been tasked to do a dash cam install, so I await details of this project.

I think most of these are MS/X. Looking at the close-up picture, one feature I notice is the angle of the top edge of the headlights. Both MS/X the angle points right at the top of the front wheel well, while the M3 points at the base of the wind shield:

View attachment 249278

The 2nd enhanced picture (emboss effect?) is especially useful since it outlines the headlights very well, and on most of those that have the headlight outline, it's clear that they are pointing at the wheel well.

View attachment 249270

Maybe there is one M3, based on headlight shape

upload_2017-9-22_14-35-37.png

Reactions: untilcomplete
Good find on the pic, but I'm also unable to convince myself even when I pull a screenshot from the 2160p resolution video. There just aren't enough pixels to get a clear view of that small space. I don't think the 'draw a line' test works, since the line's relative size would change with each car's position relative to the drone. But the biggest reason I don't think there are a lot of 3s in there is that we'd expect to see a fairly large percentage of them have the 18" aero wheels, which are the easiest giveaway of a 3 from a distance since they are so much darker than most S/X wheels and have a 'fuller' dark pattern, if that wording makes sense..

Edit - Here's an aerial view of X/S/3 next to one another from Motor Trend, in case it helps any sleuths here...
View attachment 249204
Where did that pic come from? Are they offering light colored seats already?

Status
Not open for further replies.