Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whatever official NDA or wink-wink friend-DA appears to be lifted. actual owners posting a bunch of pics/videos now.

PTFI on Twitter
Nice, quite spacious.
Direct links:
DKYqawfV4AA9e0H.jpg:large

DKYqawYVwAELy5j.jpg:large

DKYqawkVoAEgP4T.jpg:large

----
A few photos from that M3owners thread with VIN #259, go there for UI and more
Want to see: features we've not seen in videos/photos yet

12V
RwQcC8Y.jpg

Front plate (only glue)
VXF9n6u.jpg

Fog lights on/off
l3ons3S.jpg

gLdkLeH.jpg

rn5yB6o.jpg

creWsZy.jpg

6ZBjI0C.jpg

Roof rack:
K46ljo8.jpg

2 bags is that a bonus thing for 1st day orders?
XyaBndP.jpg

Last edited:
Just a style line, so that the door doesn't look too plain.

Ed: Seriously, I'm not kidding. To be more specific, that's a "character line"; when there's two, that one's called the "lower character line".

9fa1837b35737fdd53344a0c22697701--automobile-military.jpg

They're common because A) most customers think that cars look too plain from the sides without them, and B) if done right they have minimal affect on the vehicle's drag. Character lines make the lighting change starkly at different points on the door, giving it that sort of shimmer that people find stylish, rather than just a simple gradient or uniform reflection.

Last edited:
Just a style line, so that the door doesn't look too plain.

Ed: Seriously, I'm not kidding. To be more specific, that's a "character line"; when there's two, that one's called the "lower character line".

9fa1837b35737fdd53344a0c22697701--automobile-military.jpg

They're common because A) most customers think that cars look too plain from the sides without them, and B) if done right they have minimal affect on the vehicle's drag. Character lines make the lighting change starkly at different points on the door, giving it that sort of shimmer that people find stylish, rather than just a simple gradient or uniform reflection.
My ellipse was a bit ambiguous. I meant where the bottom of the door meets the rocker.

Visited the Fremont factory yesterday for the factory tour (awesome!). Snooped around the parking lot for a while and saw about a dozen Model 3's. Couldn't find any higher VIN than 185. Shouldn't they be further along by now if they are to make October deliveries to non-employed customers? Fwiw, not much movement on Model 3 line inside either...

Pic of the highest VIN I could find. Sorry about the fingers! ;)

IMG_1288.jpg

Visited the Fremont factory yesterday for the factory tour (awesome!). Snooped around the parking lot for a while and saw about a dozen Model 3's. Couldn't find any higher VIN than 185. Shouldn't they be further along by now if they are to make October deliveries to non-employed customers? Fwiw, not much movement on Model 3 line inside either...

Pic of the highest VIN I could find. Sorry about the fingers! ;)

View attachment 249515

It's pretty clear that the VINs are not being delivered in order. We don't have enough data to make any conclusions beyond that.

That said, looks like 185 is a delivered car, the interesting stuff would be in the staging lots.

Status
Not open for further replies.