Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla was sued, or maybe just sent a cease-and-desist order, by a shoe maker, Adidas, if I recall correctly so they had to eliminate the horizontal lines as the model designation. It is officially the "Model 3" just like they show on their web site.

Ford killed the E, and Adidas killed the substitute; so now it is just the 3.
I can't wait to get my Ford Adidas car.

It's just that I had been looking forward to getting a car with the stylized Chinese character for the number 3 ( 三 ) on it, but I agree that only the Tesla logo, without model information, tends to make the car look more prestigious. I can live with that.

It was, of course, rather cheeky of Elon Musk to take the letter E as used in the trademark «TESLA» and try to get it registered with the description of a stylized number 3 after having lost against Ford with the trademark application for «Model E»
It's not a Chinese character. Tesla uses a font called "Emblem D," and it's not owned by Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: gavine
First dirty production model 3! Still looks great. Saw this outside the factory. Vin says car # 114. I tried to give them a chance but those rims look even worse in person IMO. Not a fan. Maybe it looks better on the black or midnight silver car.

Attachments

• IMG_9495.JPG
    IMG_9495.JPG
    297.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_9497.JPG
    IMG_9497.JPG
    509.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_9498.JPG
    IMG_9498.JPG
    405.7 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Status