Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dat video tho... He doesnt realize he doesnt have to use the touchscreen to adjust once a function is selected, that its then on the steering wheel controls? Would be too hard to use if it was touchscreen only to adjust while driving, which is what the two controls on the steering wheel are there for. Also he had no clue when he talked about supercharging speed, it showed an actually really low kW/h charge speed, the fact that it still is 100 miles per hour range added is just because the car gets so many more miles per kWh than a Model S or X. To me I feel like he is not giving a good representation of what the car does. Hopefully we will see a different video with autopilot etc soon...

dat video tho... He doesnt realize he doesnt have to use the touchscreen to adjust once a function is selected, that its then on the steering wheel controls? Would be too hard to use if it was touchscreen only to adjust while driving, which is what the two controls on the steering wheel are there for. Also he had no clue when he talked about supercharging speed, it showed an actually really low kW/h charge speed, the fact that it still is 100 miles per hour range added is just because the car gets so many more miles per kWh than a Model S or X. To me I feel like he is not giving a good representation of what the car does. Hopefully we will see a different video with autopilot etc soon...

Seriously. I appreciate all the videos OCD has done, given us the most access to the car yet. But it's cringeworthy at times hearing him incorrectly describe something, or criticize something that will clearly be updated by time actual customers get it. I know more about the car & still haven't even seen it in person! Oh well

Keep in mind that he is not a samaritan. His "normal" videos have like 500 views compared to TM3 videos with hundred thousands of view, which earns him quite a bit of $$ from youtube. He should do more research on Tesla and prepare before shooting videos better. That is my opinion.
..if he's signed up for AdSense.

I think he uses the channel more as an advertisement for his own business. I've spoken with him but haven't done business with him. He seems like an honest stand-up guy who details all makes and models of cars, does wraps and the works. He's done a ton of Model S and X but I don't expect a detailer to be an expert on the functionality of the vehicle. I expect him to be an expert on his job.

Last edited:

I think he uses the channel more as a an advertisement for his own business. I've spoken with him but haven't done business with him. He seems like an honest stand-up guy who details all makes and models of cars, does wraps and the works. He's done a ton of Model S and X but I don't expect a detailer to be an expert on the functionality of the vehicle. I expect him to be an expert on his job.
That's exactly my take.

Reactions: gene

I think he uses the channel more as a an advertisement for his own business. I've spoken with him but haven't done business with him. He seems like an honest stand-up guy who details all makes and models of cars, does wraps and the works. He's done a ton of Model S and X but I don't expect a detailer to be an expert on the functionality of the vehicle. I expect him to be an expert on his job.

Totally agree...I am glad he made those videos. Answered many questions

I think he uses the channel more as an advertisement for his own business. I've spoken with him but haven't done business with him. He seems like an honest stand-up guy who details all makes and models of cars, does wraps and the works. He's done a ton of Model S and X but I don't expect a detailer to be an expert on the functionality of the vehicle. I expect him to be an expert on his job.

That's my take on it too. They've not had much access to the car at this point, so they're showing what they can. Since Tesla hasn't made much available to the public yet, it's the best source of info I've seen.

I have done business with them, they did the wrap on my car and a dashcam install. They're experts, and generally seen as the go-to people in the bay area.

Reactions: Skryll
That's my take on it too. They've not had much access to the car at this point, so they're showing what they can. Since Tesla hasn't made much available to the public yet, it's the best source of info I've seen.

I have done business with them, they did the wrap on my car and a dashcam install. They're experts, and generally seen as the go-to people in the bay area.

I saw lots of good reviews about their work too. And yes I am grateful he shows us a glimpse of whats coming through his shop, but the last video I am worried will give the wrong impression about the quality of the car, because it does not reflect what I experienced when I test drove one two weeks ago. However he is right that you have to slam the doors harder than you are used to from Model S and X.

Yeah, OCDetailing's reviews are an "exercise in discovery" of the cars features, rather than someone who's researched, read the manual, verified, and then expertly demonstrated. That's probably not a problem for those "more informed" on this forum, who know where he's off base, but an uninitiated viewer to Tesla might come away with a bad impression.
All that said, I'm glad to have this advanced info, and thank him for doing it, even if it's not always spot on.

Yeah, OCDetailing's reviews are an "exercise in discovery" of the cars features, rather than someone who's researched, read the manual, verified, and then expertly demonstrated. That's probably not a problem for those "more informed" on this forum, who know where he's off base, but an uninitiated viewer to Tesla might come away with a bad impression.
All that said, I'm glad to have this advanced info, and thank him for doing it, even if it's not always spot on.
This is their car "for the masses", not enthusiasts (even though plenty of us have a reservation). I like Joe's lay approach to exploring the Model 3. Helps me understand what to expect with when I start introducing my family and friends (majority of which are not Tesla or EV enthusiasts) to the Model 3 someday.

• Helpful
Reactions: Topher
This is their car "for the masses", not enthusiasts (even though plenty of us have a reservation). I like Joe's lay approach to exploring the Model 3. Helps me understand what to expect with when I start introducing my family and friends (majority of which are not Tesla or EV enthusiasts) to the Model 3 someday.

I agree the M3 will takes some "learning" to operate, but let's be honest, how many "mass market" folks driving much lower tech ICE vehicles can't set the radio preset's or clock on their cars;) The Tesla delivery/training will be critical for folks to understand the vehicle, just like all the new tech in ICE cars.

If anyone has access, or knows someone that has access to a Model 3, would you mind PM'ing me? I have a number of screen protectors made for the center screen, and I know the size is accurate, but the corner radius can't be confirmed without actually applying them. So if anyone would like to protect their M3 screen for free, I can help :) Finish is our top-selling option, matte/anti-glare.

Status
Not open for further replies.