Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand the hate for silver. The car looks great in silver, and it is the only good hot climate color (except white, which I would not buy). I only wish it were offered with a red interior, that’s a smashing combo. I’ve had a silver BMW 2002, 2000ti, and Z3, as well as Alfa Milano and Platinum Jaguar XF. Likely to get one of my 3s in silver.

Already done at the Shop | Tesla Model 3 Owners Club Clothing Store

Just in time for xmas.

Hehe.. I was thinking this one:
hat_large.jpg

Silver cars look like they haven't been painted. Like bare metal. One of the worst colours to get on a car imho.

To me the silver one looked so Porsche on all the pictures, but when I saw all colors in person, I changed my mind (again) and am now all in on the Pearl White with aero wheels. Can't wait to get my invitation :) Do we know how many people stood in line in california? I didn't stand in line but am one of the early ones reserving online March 31st

Attachments

• model3front.jpg
    model3front.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: plankeye
I don’t understand the hate for silver. The car looks great in silver, and it is the only good hot climate color (except white, which I would not buy). I only wish it were offered with a red interior, that’s a smashing combo. I’ve had a silver BMW 2002, 2000ti, and Z3, as well as Alfa Milano and Platinum Jaguar XF. Likely to get one of my 3s in silver.
I agree that silver with a red interior is a classy combination, but seems more fitting on a coupe or sports car than sedan. I think the 3 could pull it off though.

My issue with the Tesla silver is that it looks too "washed" out. It's a bit too light and just does not have a good metallic look to it. My preference is just a tad darker and some more metallic sparkle to it. The silver on the alpha car at the reveal was much better looking in my opinion.

I know... pictures or it did not happen :). Marina Del Rey...next to 90 freeway, New Tesla property.

Drove by on freeway and saw tons of new cars in the back lot on Glen Alla park side. I had no time to inspect-exit freeway.

If anyone wants to drive by on surface streets and snap pictures...feel free to take the credit for finding tons of model 3's.

4755 Alla Rd, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292.

I'm thinking of heading over to SpaceX in an hour to see if I can see a Model 3 in person. Is there a particular lot where they typically are? Is the lot accessible to the public? Any help would be much appreciated.
A model 3 sighting is best where the Superchargers are (which is the only place you are allowed to go anyway). If you want to see a Model 3 for sure, simply go to the LA Auto Show.

19s required
Nope, the outside diameter of the wheel (rim plus tire) is essentially the same for the 18 and 19 wheel. The 19" rim uses skinnier tires that cost more, wear more rapidly, and give a rougher ride in many situations. I recommend you do not put bigger tires on the 19" rims, you run the danger of throwing off all the electronics in the car which will not be a Tesla warranty fix. I will be sticking with the standard 18" rims, they make more sense to me.

Jennifer, with regards to color, don't listen to the naysayers. Your silver car will be a beauty and will stand out in a sea of blue and red model 3's.

Love the blue. But I'll defintely have to paint the aero covers silver. Can't stand this trend of dark wheels. Around here it reminds of winter. Cars are supposed to have aluminum rims. Aluminum does not come black! lol

Hopefully when the 3 becomes officially public, they'll be some lowering springs for it. It sits a little high compared to what I'm used to driving. :)

Keep the pics coming guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.