Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know... pictures or it did not happen :). Marina Del Rey...next to 90 freeway, New Tesla property.

Drove by on freeway and saw tons of new cars in the back lot on Glen Alla park side. I had no time to inspect-exit freeway.

If anyone wants to drive by on surface streets and snap pictures...feel free to take the credit for finding tons of model 3's.

4755 Alla Rd, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292.

Did anyone check on this? Maybe more VINs in the high thousands there? I would go, but already have plans for the weekend ;).

Did anyone check on this? Maybe more VINs in the high thousands there? I would go, but already have plans for the weekend ;).

I will possibly drive by in the next few days. The lot in back has one east driveway entry. Fence to the north with -park tennis courts basketball courts to the north.

Maybe photos from a distance-from park but going on the lot is probably a no no until the building becomes (speculation) delivery-service center and offices etc. The building is very large with subterranean parking also. Tesla seems to be getting the building ready for them to occupy.

• Informative
Reactions: hobbes
More from the LA Auto show. Car is locked so no one can sit inside.

Attachments

• 8EF807E8-F7FD-4D2F-BFB3-0891229655C2.jpeg
    8EF807E8-F7FD-4D2F-BFB3-0891229655C2.jpeg
    573.8 KB · Views: 123
  • BD1E1DEF-91AF-46F8-99D6-57FEDD55597C.jpeg
    BD1E1DEF-91AF-46F8-99D6-57FEDD55597C.jpeg
    543.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 72FD42AC-E22E-4422-97BE-3E53D4078029.jpeg
    72FD42AC-E22E-4422-97BE-3E53D4078029.jpeg
    520.3 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: FlatSix911
I posted this on the Investor thread on Thursday:

I visited the Tesla Fremont Delivery Center this afternoon to see if there was any Model 3 activity. When I visited two months ago when my girlfriend was taking possession of her new S 90 D, there were no Model 3s anywhere to be found. As I approached today, there were no cars on the north side of the building and I feared I would be disappointed. So, I ventured deeper into the property to the back forty. Good Lord, it was Sutter's Mill! I had discovered the mother lode. I would estimate around fifty Model 3s. They were interspersed amongst Tesla's other offerings, so a photo wouldn't confirm my guesstimate. I managed to get a few rushed photos before being nudged away by employees. Sorry for the poor quality.

Clearly you can see a blue trend here. However, the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to get black and apply the savings toward a protective wrap. I want the prototype silver more than anything else.
20171130_151721.jpg
20171130_151731.jpg

Happy Holidays everybody!

Attachments

• 20171130_154310.jpg
    20171130_154310.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 64
Got to be white, no sane person can deny its the best colour after looking at those pics.

Interesting that black is the base free colour but so many aren't choosing it.

Should have a petition to Elon making white the base free colour for all of Teslas.
Tesla used to have "solid white" as a base color, in addition to black, for the Model S. My personal hypothesis is that they got rid of white as a base color because it was too popular, thus forcing buyers to pay for an upgrade if they wanted anything other than black, as the large majority do. Given that a color upgrade is easy money for Tesla, I don't see them going back to offering a base color other than black.

Last edited:
Given that a color upgrade is easy money for Tesla, I don't see them going back to offering a base color other than black.
Generally, I agree with you, but your comment got me thinking. If Congress wants to screw the EV movement by eliminating the EV tax credit from the abortion tax plan.............Tesla could ease the pain somewhat by offering a couple more base colors, like base white, at no additional price. They could also play with the option prices a bit to get the price down, perhaps an 18" sportwheel at no additional cost, maybe a 260 mi. range battery for $4000 upgrade option (I'd take that in a heart beat!) They could also make some of the PUP features as standard equipment. I don't think Tesla will roll over to a regressive tax plan on their potential customers without a fight. I would take base white and theoretical 260 mi. range and 18" sportwheels and that would save me ($1000 + $5000 + $1500) $7500, and, VIOLA, there's my tax credit!

Back to more pictures.

Love the blue. But I'll defintely have to paint the aero covers silver. Can't stand this trend of dark wheels. Around here it reminds of winter. Cars are supposed to have aluminum rims. Aluminum does not come black! lol

I agree completely. I love the blue but hate the way it looks with the aeros, and I'm definitely getting the aeros for practicality. This has pushed me toward red since it looks fine with the black aeros IMO. I haven't seen any decent aero paint jobs so far, so I didn't want to count on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.