Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question. Since Green is ~2% of cars sold, why would Tesla do a green?

In fact, the 6 colors Tesla offers are the top 6 colors. I just don't see a reason to do a color that 1 in 50 will buy.
Some people like a color specifically because no one else buys it. I have a green mazda 3 with the factory spoiler option. I like the fact that in over 13 years of driving it, I have never encountered another one that had both of those features.

Reactions: int32_t and Model 3

In fact, the 6 colors Tesla offers are the top 6 colors. I just don't see a reason to do a color that 1 in 50 will buy.
Perhaps they can support the top 10 instead of 6 (whatever colors those are). A few more choices is always good in my opinion

yes, because those 6 colors cannot bring in as many buyers as they can build cars... oh, wait..

people pleae, there are zillion things some may like tesla to do, tesla must do exactly one thing: build as many cars as technically possible. Those who miss a color, take black and wrap it up in orange with green dots or whatever...

tesla must do exactly one thing: build as many GREEN cars as technically possible
There, fixed it for you ;)

But back to the question...

In addition to the reasons other has posted:
- The right green color is a very nice color.
- For some there is some symbolic in have a green green car...

• Love
Reactions: ev-enthusiast

I don't think Tesla will do green or any other bright colors. They will rightly play it conservatively. But they did offer a creative color palette for the Roadster and color preferences do change over time, For example, silver was the top selling color 5 years ago and it has now dropped down to 4/5 position. And my understanding is that silver is the least popular color for the model 3. Blue was no where to be seen a few years ago as a preference but today it is at or near the top. Green is a low preference right now because no one offers a choice of green. Which comes first, the chicken or the egg? Things change and I would like to see Tesla offer a couple more creative colors (at a premium price). If there are people willing to pay $5K+ for a custom wrap, then there is a market.

Reactions: navguy12
people pleae, there are zillion things some may like tesla to do, tesla must do exactly one thing: build as many cars as technically possible.
You are correct, but this a forum for enthusiasts just sitting around shooting the breeze waiting for their invitation to configure. Just a way to pass the time since my garage is ready, I have PV on the roof, my options are set, and I have cash in hand. What else is there to do but talk about what we would like to see Tesla do? No harm, no foul.

I don't think Tesla will do green or any other bright colors. They will rightly play it conservatively. But they did offer a creative color palette for the Roadster and color preferences do change over time, For example, silver was the top selling color 5 years ago and it has now dropped down to 4/5 position. And my understanding is that silver is the least popular color for the model 3. Blue was no where to be seen a few years ago as a preference but today it is at or near the top. Green is a low preference right now because no one offers a choice of green. Which comes first, the chicken or the egg? Things change and I would like to see Tesla offer a couple more creative colors (at a premium price). If there are people willing to pay $5K+ for a custom wrap, then there is a market.

Green was one of the original Model S colors. They discontinued it after a couple years (along with brown).

Marina del Rey was loaded with new Model 3's today, delivering them as fast as they can. It was a beautiful sight to see!

IMG_4056.JPG
IMG_4057.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.