Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
39EB2623-7DB7-4828-9861-742160BD74F6.jpeg
6F5ACD74-EC15-4236-8FAF-53A6650927CC.jpeg
EDCEBBB1-B197-4AD2-9279-B5FE721B5B85.jpeg
I was at the Watertown MA Service Center this morning and saw my first Model 3. VIN in the high 800s, belongs to an employee there. Love the size and clean lines, outside and in.

If they haven't done it already, Tesla probably could add a feature to remind you to take your phone, like other cars that remind you to take your keys.

But Telsa currently does not remind you when your keyfob is in the car when you walked away. Not sure how they could do that though. Because you don't need to lock the car manually when you walk away. Usually with other cars, the warning comes when you are trying to lock the door (pressing a button on the door handle) and the car detected keyfob still in car.

But Telsa currently does not remind you when your keyfob is in the car when you walked away. Not sure how they could do that though. Because you don't need to lock the car manually when you walk away. Usually with other cars, the warning comes when you are trying to lock the door (pressing a button on the door handle) and the car detected keyfob still in car.

Just as convenient as these new security features are, also have drawbacks. One time I drove to a friends house and then got locked out of my car...I couldn't find my key fob anywhere. I unlocked the car using my phone and searched the car, searched my friends house, but couldn't find it anywhere. I ended up assuming I lost it somewhere.

A week later, I found it in my suit coat in my bedroom (which is directly above the garage). Turns out, the key was close enough to trigger the doors and never warned me that the key was not in the car and let me drive off.

Another inconvenience is if I go to the beach and want to swim/surf. I have no way of securing the car since I can't leave the key fob in the car and there is no separate key you can take with you into the water.

How about a voice prompt and big text on the center screen "Please take your phone and/or keycard", when the car stops and driver's door unlock button or latch is pressed, before the door fully opens?

Status
Not open for further replies.