Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyco N. VA
tyco1.png
tyco2.png

..Contd. (Tyco N.VA)

Finally got to see the Unicorn.
. 20 M3's delivered to Service Center in past 2 days
. apart from the ones that were not unloaded, I saw 5 parked
. saw all 5 colors. Based on the professional pics my choice was midnight silver, but blue looked really good in natural lights with the dust and all still not washed out

. Vins 3598 (in pic above), also 3582, 3519 and 2585
!vinbot Model 3 #3598 #3582 #3519 #2585

looks like Model 3 VINs ran 01/20 and is picking up Vins reported in TMC as well

Franz driving what appears to be a Performance Model 3... Note: red brake calipers, what appears to be 20" wheels (?), and new Roadster 2 style "TESLA" badging on the trunk. I hope this means it's getting closer to production!

Courtesy of Tesla Owners Los Angeles

If I buy a Model S 75D and then buy this set of red brakes, do I have a performance model then?

Model S Brake Calipers Set

Red brakes don'y have to mean anything and what I can see it looks like 19" wheels.

Franz driving what appears to be a Performance Model 3... Note: red brake calipers, what appears to be 20" wheels (?), and new Roadster 2 style "TESLA" badging on the trunk. I hope this means it's getting closer to production!

Courtesy of Tesla Owners Los Angeles

It is the same Model 3 he has had all along. One of the first ones delivered. But it looks like they have (at a minimum) updated the brakes, wheels and rear logo.
Who knows else they have updated on his car...

Reactions: T34ME and FlyNavy01
I doubt it because it has real plates, not MFG pates. I suspect he just customized it. (I don't think a Performance Model 3 has gone through all of the hoops to be able to be legally registered.)

Except a CA plate beginning with 7A would be from quite a while ago (they’re into the 8’s now). As in, long before Model 3 started production. So I wonder if this plate is pulled off of another Tesla, or something. Point is there’s no way that plate goes with ANY Model 3. I realize it’s not proof of anything one way or another, but just food for thought...

...there’s no way that plate goes with ANY Model 3...

Sorry, I think you are wrong. I think Tesla had a bunch of sequential plates and put them on the first batch of Model 3s that got delivered over 6 months ago.

If you go to the DMV and ask for a plate on your new car they tend to give you a newer sequence, but a manufacturer / "dealer" can have pre-ordered blocks of plates and assign them when they are ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.