Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 stickers too many. Only need one on the lower right. Carpool is the left lane, unnecessary sticker on the left. Nice stance.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/decal

1. Large Decals-

• Place on the rear quarter panels, one on each side of the vehicle, behind the wheel wells, with the state seal pointed up on the bottom of the decal.
decal_locate_side.gif

2. Small Decals-

• For white decals, place on the right side of the rear bumper only, with the state seal pointed up on the bottom of the decal.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
Somebody much smarter than me has to explain the reasoning behind the one on the rear left.
In what scenario would a cop see that one, without seeing the other one?

How about they are behind you. And the CHP driver sits on the left, so would have an easier time seeing a sticker on the left.
Lets say you moved to the right out of the carpool lane to let them pass. They may look over to the right lane to make sure you have a carpool sticker and weren't just trying to sneak back into a 'regular' lane because you didn't have one.
Also, let's say they pulled you over for something else like speeding. Then as they walk up behind your car (on the left) they are looking to make sure you have a carpool sticker so they can decide if they need to write you up for carpool violation too.

• Informative
Reactions: anonim1979
Somebody much smarter than me has to explain the reasoning behind the one on the rear left.

In what scenario would a cop see that one, without seeing the other one?

There are places with two carpool lanes in Southern California as well. Personally I’d prefer if there was an electronic link to your plates that indicated the HOV access but that’s probably not coming soon.

Reactions: T34ME
Here's my hood, the photo is not from directly overhead due to the sun angle/shadowing but panels look good overall around the car.View attachment 275881
Trade?
Just curious, what issues were bad enough that you didn’t take delivery on the first?
Damage to the front. There were gouges in the bumper that were filled in with touch up or putty of some sorts. The fender was bent up on one side as well. You could see under the fender when looking from the side.

Reactions: T-Will
Dang! I live in Frisco too!!! Very near the 4 corners of Frisco, Allen, Plano and McKinney. Since I'm not an owner, I might not get mine until early summer. :( I plan to go see the one in Southlake on 2/11 though.

Saw it yesterday at opening with minimal wait, it was beautiful. Later in the afternoon and evenings, 90 minute waits!!

I ordered mine on Thursday so I hope it gets here within the 4 weeks estimated and you may see me around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.