Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Is it wrapped, plastidipped or painted?

I've been thinking the M3 would look nice in British Racing Green - the TR6 green, not the super-dark green of the original S. Any photoshop experts prepared to mock one up and post it?
My guess it is a wrap. Plastidip wouldn't be that shiny I think and good quality paint would be too expensive and then stuck with that color only. At least wrap, you can take off and go back to original color or another color.

I miss the green Tesla used to have. I think the 3 would look pretty good in that color.

Reactions: Drax
I was thinking about getting black and wrap it too, but I read that vinyl wrap last only about 3 years.
I have been told by a wrap/PPF shop that here in California, under the sun, that gloss/shiny wrap lasts only about a year before it starts to look dull and faded. He said satin or matte wraps last much longer, >5 years. I don't know, I'm just repeating what I was told.

I have been told by a wrap/PPF shop that here in California, under the sun, that gloss/shiny wrap lasts only about a year before it starts to look dull and faded. He said satin or matte wraps last much longer, >5 years. I don't know, I'm just repeating what I was told.
True, but if leave de wrap on to long you damage your paintwork if you peal the wrap of.

I went to the Dedham, MA Tesla Center to test drive a Model S, and I finally saw a Model 3 up close and personal, and for anybody who hasn't seen one in person. Let me just tell you honestly the pictures don't do it justice. THIS CAR IS CLEAN MAN! It's like looking at the future. They let me open it up, and take a glance inside. I couldn't sit inside, but right off the bat, I was surprised at how smaller and perfectly placed the screen looked as compared to seeing it online where I thought it would be awkward. The door handle looked very cool, but my fears of it being a counter-intuitive mechanism seemed to have flared at that point. I think after time I'll get quicker at opening it up. I mostly was interested in seeing the headliner which was changed to a more common car material one, and I can honestly say it's not too bad but the suede will be something you will miss. Especially if your one of the ones who remember when it had it.

Attachments

• IMG_0123.jpeg
    IMG_0123.jpeg
    559.2 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_0121.jpeg
    IMG_0121.jpeg
    525.4 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_0122.jpeg
    IMG_0122.jpeg
    631.1 KB · Views: 413
I finally saw a Model 3 up close and personal, and for anybody who hasn't seen one in person. Let me just tell you honestly the pictures don't do it justice. THIS CAR IS CLEAN MAN! It's like looking at the future.
This is what we have been trying to tell you! This car is a game changer. The model 3 IS the future and most of us on this forum are going to be driving one!

Regarding the door handles, I got to play with a 3 for about an hour a while back. I tried every door - front/back, left/right - and after about half a dozen times, opening the doors just seemed natural and I didn't even have to think about how to do it after that. When I went back to my car with the door handles that stick out and you have to pull on them, they just seemed unnatural and awkward, like a car from 100 years ago..

Reactions: landis and 22522
  • Funny
Reactions: Zaxxon and Cintoman
Status
Not open for further replies.