Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think maybe a better question would be: if you are pulled over for some other offense and were ticketed, would the officer add lack of a front plate to your ticket?

They probably would if they walked up front and noticed I had no plate. @RTPEV....I've been to NC plenty of times (Charlotte/Lake Norman area), and I love it down there. Even better is that you guys are a 1-plate state!

--Cintoman

Reactions: RTPEV
RetroFitness Lot: 38
35 with base wheel
Lowest VIN 276xx
Highest VIN 441xx
one with GA4 marked

Main Tesla Sales Center: 36

So, total of 74 today

Gary- just wanted to throw you a quick thanks for the info on the fitness lot- finally got a chance to swing by there late afternoon today.... I'd seen some 3s in person before (and sat in one in CA) but this was the first time I'd gotten to see in person the exact wheel/color combo I'd ordered (blue with aeros)... also got to see most of the other color/wheel combos too and it confirmed I picked the right ones :)

Reactions: GaryW
i was always wondering about this. does the police not stop you if they notice that you have no front plate?

Some states don't require a front plate, some have laws on the books requiring it, but rarely enforce it, and some states have laws and enforce them. I believe California still has a front plate law, but doesn't enforce it very often. I have heard cops will pull it out if they get ticked at you. I know of one guy who got nailed for not having a front plate and a bunch of other minor things when he got stopped for something else and was rude to the cop (that was back in the 80s).

Washington State enforces the front plate law, though they can't enforce it for out of state cars. I doubt it's enforced much around here because we live on the border with Oregon and you see a lot of Oregon plates. I don't tempt fate, I just have the plate on there. To me it's not that big a deal, but removing the front plate bracket seems to be a burning need for some people.

Here is my new baby... dog was extra! ;)
Both car and dog are looking elegant! Did you name your car, "Red Rover?" I miss my blue merle Aussie, "Sage," he was a good boy.
t2318.gif

Reactions: MissyMcBee
Truck ran into them in Brooklyn. Took it to the SC. Which seemed it safe to continue. He said I thought you saw me coming. Truck driver said no I didn't.:( TACC and AP work. Just no Auto lane change they said.

I was going to say Brooklyn or Queens or the Bronx.

Even a bright red paint color isn’t enough to keep you safe in those Burroughs.

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
Status
Not open for further replies.