Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lurked around for a couple of years and finally decided to post. Just got my Model 3 in July and love it. Satin black powder coat on 19's and satin black chrome delete. 3M ppf on front end and 3M crystalline 40 on sides and back. Calipers painted red too. Super happy with how it turned out

View attachment 323267 View attachment 323266

This is what I want mine to look like. How much did all that cost?

My new P3D beast!

20181004_233837358_iOS.jpg

@Abstrakt1 i’m looking at your tint. Is that 20% I usually do 30-35, but and thinking about going a little darker on the sides with the white seats. What did you do top and back?

I went 20 on the front sides. 5 on top, rear and back sides. It is hard to tell in pics but I feel like the 20 looks like 35 looks on other cars due to the glass everywhere allowing a good amount of light inside. If you usually do 35 the 20% will give the look you want.

@Abstrakt1 Thanks! Your front windows are exactly what I was hoping for. I’m reassured that your back ones are 5%. They look very nice, but are a little dark for me.

Yeah the 5% is really dark, I like the look on the outside but would prefer lighter from the inside. It is perfect on a summer day but a bit hard to see out of at night. I keep the rear cam on at night because I am paranoid about not seeing something in my rear view mirror with the tint. It is ceramic tint which I feel gives better visibility than standard (may be placebo effect) but still not ideal.

If I did it all again I would consider all 20%. Maybe even 35% up front if I did the windshield at 70%. I would like to do my windshield. The windshield is huge, I feel like the sun is in my eyes 80% of the day.

Reactions: spesler
Yeah the 5% is really dark, I like the look on the outside but would prefer lighter from the inside. It is perfect on a summer day but a bit hard to see out of at night. I keep the rear cam on at night because I am paranoid about not seeing something in my rear view mirror with the tint. It is ceramic tint which I feel gives better visibility than standard (may be placebo effect) but still not ideal.

If I did it all again I would consider all 20%. Maybe even 35% up front if I did the windshield at 70%. I would like to do my windshield. The windshield is huge, I feel like the sun is in my eyes 80% of the day.

sunglasses?
Seriously though what do you do at night when your front window is so tinted?

P3D+ with EAP and Premium White delivered on 9/27/18. First day in store reservation holder (x2) but when they announced the discontinuation of Metallic Silver I placed my first order (9/13/18). Really like the color combo but will wrap the white dash strip in 3M carbon fiber to minimize the glare. Hoping it will tie in nicely with the CF spoiler when installed.
BF4D6439-E8BA-48DE-8069-135427BB9F57.jpeg
A8ABD975-C686-424D-9E5C-301EEB1F41A4.jpeg
778F585A-93CF-40C6-B1B7-1E57E92C2B2F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.