Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that's how a well used daily commute car looks like, unlike few folks here who love
to decorate & keep their Model-3s like a newly wed bride (no offence) ;-) .
Even mine is looking like that after driving a few days in the snow, sleet & salt crusted roads.

Thinking about keeping it unwashed until Spring starts & then just wash it down.... any thoughts?

It depend if it's only dirt and mud or corrosive salt.

How Road Salt Harms the Environment

img_20190227_170413.jpg
Wanted to take close up pictures of the wheels, but soon after this photo was taken it started raining. Got custom powder coated Unplugged Performance UP-02 20" installed along with UP's moderate lowering springs. The ride quality on the springs is excellent, and so far, clearance hasn't been an issue (and I have a moderately steep driveway to my house).

Love the way the wheels look different depending on how they're catching the light. Depending on the intensity of the light from darkest to lightest, they end up looking matte black to matching my body color to being a fairly bright shimmery blue.

View attachment 381577 Wanted to take close up pictures of the wheels, but soon after this photo was taken it started raining. Got custom powder coated Unplugged Performance UP-02 20" installed along with UP's moderate lowering springs. The ride quality on the springs is excellent, and so far, clearance hasn't been an issue (and I have a moderately steep driveway to my house).

Love the way the wheels look different depending on how they're catching the light. Depending on the intensity of the light from darkest to lightest, they end up looking matte black to matching my body color to being a fairly bright shimmery blue.

Damn, that looks great! Those are their moderate springs? Still looks like a lot of wheel gap, especially in the rear. Let us know how the ride quality is after you get some more miles on them.

Damn, that looks great! Those are their moderate springs? Still looks like a lot of wheel gap, especially in the rear. Let us know how the ride quality is after you get some more miles on them.

Wheel gap by my eye is notably better. The angle of my phone is definitely adding to perception of gap here (I'm crouched low to the ground and shooting upward). If the rain relents I can snap a few more photos. Using the old super scientific import car guy measurement of "fingers" to measure wheel gap, I can fit about 2.5 fingers width between the top of the tires and the bottom of the wheel well. For me, that's about spot on for what I wanted-- a notably lower stance w/o sacrificing much (if anything) in terms of daily driving.

It's still super early but I'm pretty happy w/ the ride of the springs. Low speed driving they're quite comfortable-- it's hard w/o a direct side to side comparison, but I think perhaps slightly softer and better absorbs minor road imperfections, speed bumps, etc. At speed though they definitely feel crisper-- hard to say if that's the spring rate or simply the lower stance, but it's quite perceptible. (Granted this is "high speed" in the 60s-80s, I can't speak to track performance).

Thus far I've no clearance issues whatsoever, which is definitely better than vehicles I've owned in my youth that were 2-3+ inches dropped (plus body kit).

Next up is re-painting the calipers (either yellow or mint green). :)

Finally able to contribute here!

Truly European Model 3 - bought in Germany, registered in Poland and photographed on the streets of Birmingham, UK :) All in 10 days :)

Is that the official front plate mount/holder? Looks like it is at a funny angle?

I am guessing perhaps you have mounted it in an easily removable way and so that's why it looks weird, or at least, I hope so!

Is that the official front plate mount/holder? Looks like it is at a funny angle?

I am guessing perhaps you have mounted it in an easily removable way and so that's why it looks weird, or at least, I hope so!

Yes, this is what I got from Tesla, I didn't alter anything.

Well, had to slightly cut the Polish plates are apparently they are ~2mm bigger than German plates and they wouldn't fit in... :D

Yes, this is what I got from Tesla, I didn't alter anything.

Well, had to slightly cut the Polish plates are apparently they are ~2mm bigger than German plates and they wouldn't fit in... :D

Thanks for the info. It looks like it is pointing upwards slightly, not that it matters really, just surprised. Car looks great, I would have freaked out if I saw the Model 3 out on the road in the UK already :p looking forward to spotting one hopefully soon!

Yes I did. Friend of mine offer me a deal that I can't reject.... so here I am.
Ah ok, congrats again. I was wondering how you got the HOV stickers so fast otherwise. :p I'm still waiting...my check hasn't even been cashed yet so I know it'll still be a while (I sent it in mid Jan).

Why did your friend sell it so soon and at such a loss (if you got a great deal)? Did he upgrade to the P3D?

Status
Not open for further replies.