Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful, in its own way. I snapped this pic of my Model 3 on Feb 28 2019, en route to Times Square, right before clearing my headlights by hand. It's true, LEDs don't heat up much.
AWD sure is nice!
IMG_9870-White-Plains-Mobile-NY-2019-02-20--TinkerTry.JPG

Brilliant anti-thief coating!

• Funny
Reactions: smartypnz
Some states are technically two plate states, but it isn't enforced. California is largely that way though a cop will nail you for it at a traffic stop if you tick them off.
It depends. It is unlikely the California Highway Patrol or County Sheriff will pull you over for just a front plate violation. However , the policies of local jurisdictions ( cities and airport, e.g.) can vary widely. I have not run a front plate for several years with no problems but I know I am taking a chance. If I get ticketed, there will be no complaining from me.

It depends. It is unlikely the California Highway Patrol or County Sheriff will pull you over for just a front plate violation. However , the policies of local jurisdictions ( cities and airport, e.g.) can vary widely. I have not run a front plate for several years with no problems but I know I am taking a chance. If I get ticketed, there will be no complaining from me.

You pretty much have to do something to tick off the cop. When I lived in LA I heard of someone who got pulled over by an LA city motorcycle cop for speeding or something and the idiot asked cop how many tickets he had to write to get a gold helmet (LA city motorcycle cops had white helmets then, they still might, and CHP have gold helmets). The cop filled out two or three ticket forms tested every light in the car and looked for every obscure violation he could. Among the citations was no front license plate, and I remember he also got a ticket for driving without shoes. There were several other things (the car was an old beater), but I don't remember what they were now.

When my front license plate fell off and disappeared on a dirt road my legalistic father had a cow, but I never did replace it until I moved to Washington a couple of years later.

You pretty much have to do something to tick off the cop. When I lived in LA I heard of someone who got pulled over by an LA city motorcycle cop for speeding or something and the idiot asked cop how many tickets he had to write to get a gold helmet (LA city motorcycle cops had white helmets then, they still might, and CHP have gold helmets). The cop filled out two or three ticket forms tested every light in the car and looked for every obscure violation he could. Among the citations was no front license plate, and I remember he also got a ticket for driving without shoes. There were several other things (the car was an old beater), but I don't remember what they were now.

When my front license plate fell off and disappeared on a dirt road my legalistic father had a cow, but I never did replace it until I moved to Washington a couple of years later.

I had to google it lol.......but a quick search shows driving without shoes is legal.

Here in the city, it's those damn meter maids that get you when you're parked!

• Informative
Reactions: israndy
Here in the city, it's those damn meter maids that get you when you're parked!

I got a front license plate fix-it ticket in my previous car while parked outside a friend's house in a neighborhood...not sure why but someone must have been patrolling into that neighborhood that one night (or they do every night...) and i was an easy target.

IMO not worth the hassle to get fixed and signed off at the CHP office..I just keep a front plate on now

are you saying front plate install is ‘optional’ in states that require both? Or you’ve been trying your luck every day you drive... LOL

No, it's definitely not optional, but rather it's mandatory in RI. However, because I work 100% from home, and don't really drive that much, I've been really lucky with both mine and my wife's cars not having front plates on.

--Cintoman

I'm really diggin the door handles with chrome outline...definitely different from complete chrome delete. I'm assuming that was a DIY?

Oh and diggin the winter/summer setup as well...spared no expense :cool:

Yeh it was diy....bought it on amazon. Wasn’t sure if I liked it at first vs full delete...but it’s grown on me.

Thanks! winter set are cheap 19” flow formed. Summers are 20” forged monoblock.

Reactions: T3SMA
Got mine on 03/13 and I wanted to post a pic of it ASAP... glad I waited. All work done by OCDetailing. Finished just this afternoon! The crew there is legit. Car looks just as I wanted it to. The name is Black Widow.

XnzYXN9l.jpg

tngdDdml.jpg

ok1hk3wl.jpg

What color is the powder coat for the wheels? I’ve been wanting to do a dark/gunmetal like gray instead of the black trend. Looks amazing btw!

What color is the powder coat for the wheels? I’ve been wanting to do a dark/gunmetal like gray instead of the black trend. Looks amazing btw!

Thanks man! It is called "turbine grey". I guess it is the same as the grey wheels from the Model S. I love the color combo with my all black look. I was wanted to break up the all black and add a bit if offset color to the look of the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.