Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
index.php

ProdWhite.png

Last edited:
Yeah, that is how you are going to tell the difference.

Have you seen some of the S and X production deliveries...?

I honestly haven't. I'm in Scotland and it's still a bit of a novelty seeing a Tesla. I still tap my wife and shout "Tesla" when we drive by one on the road. My neighbour has a Model S but I haven't inspected it. It's only since the RC's have been photographed that I've become aware of Tesla's production quality issues. I've got a BMW just now so hope that I'm not in for a massive disappointment with Tesla quality and customer service.

My Model 3 will likely be Q3 / Q4 2018 and by then it might even be worth waiting another 6-12 months for a BMW, Volvo or VW EV car. I am really supportive of Tesla though and having reserved on April 1st 2016 I really hope it's a great car.

I've got a BMW just now so hope that I'm not in for a massive disappointment with Tesla quality and customer service.

I smile at this. I've purchased two Teslas and can't wait to be free of all ICE driving. ICEvs just seem so bad in comparison now to me. Maybe my previous BMWs have had better "panel alignment" - I don't know, and I don't care, honestly. I repeat: I don't care, because a Tesla's drivetrain and overall experience overwhelmingly bests anything else I've ever had. Full disclosure, I worked at a 3rd party BMW repair shop in college.

Wait so if this is a production car, doesn't that mean the white paint and aero wheels are 100% confirmed?

Still not sure if it is an RC or a production model...
More pictures here:
Another Model 3 spotted in Bakersfield, CA!
You can see the VIN: 5YJ3E1EAXHF000316
Number 316 already?

5YJ-Tesla WMI
5YJ3-Model 3 Line
5YJ3E-Body Type (E=4 door sedan)
5YJ3E1-Restraint System 1 ( Seatbelt/airbag configuration )
5YJ3E1E-Fuel Type (Electric)
5YJ3E1EA-Motor/Drive Unit (A=Single, B=Dual)
5YJ3E1EAX-Check digit
5YJ3E1EAXH-Year (H=2017)
5YJ3E1EAXHF-Fremont Plant

Last edited:
I am not really expecting to see any other production models until after the first employee customers get theirs. Tesla isn't going to be driving around cars that are meant to be sold. And it would seem a waste to use a production model for testing that could otherwise be sold, when they still have all those RCs to do testing on.

Status
Not open for further replies.