Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of purple led footwells?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am debating between white or purple LED footwell upgrade from Abstract Ocean. Does anyone have a picture of the purple LED in action? I am hoping it is subtle.

Are the interior car door leds upgradable as well?
I recall them saying the purple lights are very bright. So you may want to avoid them if you want something subtle.

What do you mean interior door leds? Are you talking about the puddle lights? Or the lights above the door pockets?

The purple is quite bright; think of it more as a white light with a hint of purple, as opposed to a really deep purple. The 'deep' colors are the red and blue.

For the door pocket lights, they're not upgradable in terms of the hardware, but we'll have matching colored lens (to match our lights) within about 2 weeks.

Reactions: jbrady3324
The purple is quite bright; think of it more as a white light with a hint of purple, as opposed to a really deep purple. The 'deep' colors are the red and blue.

For the door pocket lights, they're not upgradable in terms of the hardware, but we'll have matching colored lens (to match our lights) within about 2 weeks.

Pete, Thanks for the insight. Do you have any pictures of the purple in action? Is it brighter than the white?

What products do I need if I just want to upgrade front and rear foot wells? Is this fairly easy…just pop off light cover and swap bulbs?

The fronts are easy, they're just a like-for-like replacement of the factory bulbs. Getting the bulb out of the hard plastic trim can be a bit of a fight, depending if Tesla installed it the correct way around, so that the little recessed bit where you poke the spudger/screwdriver under is accessible. The rears require some cable routing as they tap the power off the front, so it makes sense to do them at the same time, but they're a little more fiddly.