TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Pictures of the 20 and 22 inch wheels

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by Merrill, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Do we have pictures of the 20 and 22 inch wheels on the Model X?

2. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Yes. All of them except Elon's black X from the day of the reveal have either the 20" or the 22" wheels.

3. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

All the pictures on Teslamotors.com X subsite (as of a few minutes ago) are 22".

Going through the reveal event video in order of appearence; white 22", black towing airstream 20", sig red 22", founder #6 sig reg 22", #5 titanium 20", #4 white 22", #3 blue 22", #2 white 22", and Elon's #1 21" dark gray.

4. .andrew

.andrew Member

There seem to be more options in the works then have been officially announced. The iOS app has the following wheel options available for the Model X:
    mx-wheels.png

5. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

wait, iOS app? we can all configure the Model X now?! or just those who are in the queue?!

6. timf

timf Member

The iOS app is the vehicle status app that the Model S also uses. It's not for ordering.

The 19" wheels look like the same wheels as the Model S Cyclone wheels, and the 20" Helix wheels and 22" dark wheels were both seen on test mules but strangely absent from the Signature design studio. I had thought the 20" Helix wheels would be the base design, but with the inclusion of 19" wheels perhaps those will be.

7. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Very cool. I thought they might have more available than was seen on the Founders deliveries. Glad to see they're adding a dark wheel too. This pretty much confirms (at least in my mind) that they'll be using the same bolt pattern and offset as the Model S. Should make some S owners happy to see there are some 20" options.

8. tide

tide Member

Does anyone know the tire size of the 22" wheels? I need to order chains.

9. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Yes, we do. Courtesy of bwa from the "Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure" thread...

image.jpeg