Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of the new San Diego Tesla Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some pictures of the new San Diego Tesla Service Center. It's address is 9250 Trade Place.
There are 7 HPWCs outside the facility and, I believe, a total of 13 inside and out. They are not powered yet, but should be within a week or two.
If you need a charge, it's best to call them first at (858) 271-5100.
They have a two customer lounges; one for service customers and another for owners picking up their new cars. When their new car is ready, they are lead to the new car delivery area, shown in the fourth picture.
The new facility seems to me to be about 3-4 times the size of the old one.
P1020700.jpg
P1020705.jpg
P1020707.jpg
P1020709.jpg
P1020710.jpg
P1020711.jpg
P1020717.jpg
P1020719.jpg

Reactions: GutsyGibbon
Is there anything to do within walking distance of the SC? I don't have dual chargers so I imagine I would top off at 30 miles per hour on the HPWC which would mean it would be nice if there were a restaurant or something around to occupy a couple of hours.

Not a lot. There are some fast food places along Miramar Road, but you'll probably need walk a mile each way. If you feel like burning some gas, there's an indoor go kart track about half a mile east of the service center! :D

Ask at the service center. They will know best what's around, and they might even offer you a ride.

- - - Updated - - -

Also check with the UTC store. If they'll let you charge there, it's a much better place to hang out. I'm just not sure if they have HPCs to spare, so call first.

Is there anything to do within walking distance of the SC? I don't have dual chargers so I imagine I would top off at 30 miles per hour on the HPWC which would mean it would be nice if there were a restaurant or something around to occupy a couple of hours.
La Jolla Deli and Catering is at 9350 Trade Place, only a couple of minutes walk at the most. Their hours are 7 AM - 2 PM.

Not a lot. There are some fast food places along Miramar Road, but you'll probably need walk a mile each way. If you feel like burning some gas, there's an indoor go kart track about half a mile east of the service center! :D

Ask at the service center. They will know best what's around, and they might even offer you a ride.

- - - Updated - - -

Also check with the UTC store. If they'll let you charge there, it's a much better place to hang out. I'm just not sure if they have HPCs to spare, so call first.

Well.... if you like Beer, this service center is in close proximity of a an emerging craft brewery district. You can walk to Mike Hess Brewing (0.2 mi) AleSmith Brewery (0.9 mi) and try samples, get a growler filled, etc.

Last edited: