Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of the new San Diego Tesla Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped over there the other day, and it is a really nice setup. Row of HPWC's right up front.

Kinda wondered why they do not have a SuperCharger there. Everybody could leave service with a topped off battery.

Probably because of the cost, I would presume. 480v 3-phase electric service trenching and installation, plus the cost of the supercharger hardware and installation, plus about $5K per month demand charge worst case at 120kW and then energy charges on top of it...The HPWCs are definitely more economical to install and operate...

Not to be a spoilsport, but I can't resist the bird's eye view of Tesla's choice for service center in San Diego.... right next to a gigantic quarry that blows so much dirt and dust right into the service center and parking areas that cars get covered in minutes. :-/ Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play, etc.

quarry1.jpg

Interestingly, when I had my car in there for it's annual service (at the new location), it didn't seem to pick up much dust. (I asked them not to wash it.)

The new service center has way more room, so the cars can mostly be kept inside.

Also, the query has recently been forced to implement dust reduction procedures, so maybe that has helped a little. Many businesses in the area were having dust problems.

Wow, this is great news. We are driving our model S to San Diego from Las Vegas and have rented a house in Encinitas for a week. It would be nice to know if the new Service Center off Miramar Road has working Super Charger we could use to replenish our battery when we arrive and before we leave? It will be our first time to travel in our Tesla out of Las Vegas, we pick up our car February 11th at Las Vegas, SC.

Appreciated the excellent tour of new San Diego service center, and the SDGE knowledge shared! Thank you so much for arranging the visit, it was great to meet everyone and obtain answers to questions on our upcoming delivery of blue Model S85!