Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of Tint Work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know that there's been several threads about tinting, including different brands, shade, etc... For this thread, I was wondering if anyone has done their tint and would be willing to post a couple of pictures that would illustrate what it looks like from a side or 3/4 view. I am undecided as to how dark I want my tint. I am primarily interested to see medium tints as dark tint is pretty straightforward. By medium, I am thinking somewhere between 30% - 50%. Along with that, just a quick one liner to identify film brand and % light transmission. Hopefully this will help all of those that have just recently or soon to receive their car. Thanks.

Deciding on tint is best done in person, with the same materials your tint shop would use. Each brand has multiple lines and each have different shades of color (green, charcoal, blue, black). I find 20-40% a good choice for a bit of privacy and also "look".

Careful not to post your illegal window tint job on here, or prepare for flame suit.. lol

Llumar CTX
30% all around (1 piece rear window), except windshield and glass roof
(this was an overcast day, so it appears darker.. but I personally dont think its very dark and I always tint my cars medium)

IMG_0299.jpg

Reactions: FinrodNV
Llumar CTX
30% all around (1 piece rear window), except windshield and glass roof
(this was an overcast day, so it appears darker.. but I personally dont think its very dark and I always tint my cars medium)

View attachment 301856

Looks nice! As you mention sometimes an overcast day makes it look darker than in normal instances. Do you have a picture ona sunny say showing the light transmission through the car windows?
Thanks

I just looked though all the pics on my phone and oddly all my pics are under cloudy conditions. I would've gone out to my car right now and taken some pics, but its cloudy right now o_O. I'll get some pictures the next time the sun is out.

It’s really hard to tell from pictures at times since they look so different in different lighting Make sure u go drive around at night to see how they are looking out

Model 3 on left has 20% sides. Model S on right has 35% on sides. They both appear to be darker in the picture then what they really are.

upload_2018-5-18_22-28-10.jpeg

Pictures from various angles would look different even on the same shade. This is why we take videos and here are some.

All with Spectra PhotoSync, the highest heat rejecting window film on the market:

Spectra PhotoSync 45 on side windows and full rear glass + 75 on windshield

Spectra PhotoSync 35 on side windows and full rear glass + 75 on windshield

Spectra PhotoSync 55 on front two windows and 35 on rear doors / full rear glass + 75 on windshield

Pictures from various angles would look different even on the same shade. This is why we take videos and here are some.

All with Spectra PhotoSync, the highest heat rejecting window film on the market:

Spectra PhotoSync 45 on side windows and full rear glass + 75 on windshield

Spectra PhotoSync 35 on side windows and full rear glass + 75 on windshield

Spectra PhotoSync 55 on front two windows and 35 on rear doors / full rear glass + 75 on windshield

I really like your work. Can you provide a quote for the tint above?

Thank you to the amazing team at Auto Supershield in Boca Raton, Florida for hooking me up with Spectra Photosync 45% on all sides and 75% on windshield. Car already feels cooler and looks amazing. Not to dark but a classy dark window tint. Spectra Photosync rated as the best window tint for heat rejection and the clarity looking from the inside out is great, not hazy or distorted in any way.

Attachments

• tint1.jpeg
    tint1.jpeg
    652.9 KB · Views: 863
  • tint2.jpg
    tint2.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 869
Reactions: meh_ and KenF
Hard to really show tint with pictures. It all looks about the same darkness.

Mine is 5% in back and 20% in front. I notice with the 3 having so much glass that the 20% doesn't look as dark as it does on a lot of cars.

Attachments

• 20180901_122650.jpg
    20180901_122650.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 897
  • 20180901_122408.jpg
    20180901_122408.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 803
  • 20180901_122614.jpg
    20180901_122614.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 845
Thank you to the amazing team at Auto Supershield in Boca Raton, Florida for hooking me up with Spectra Photosync 45% on all sides and 75% on windshield. Car already feels cooler and looks amazing. Not to dark but a classy dark window tint. Spectra Photosync rated as the best window tint for heat rejection and the clarity looking from the inside out is great, not hazy or distorted in any way.
Did you do the back windshield? Any pics? Thanks.