Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of well aligned dash/door chrome trim?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have good pictures of the interior of their refresh Model S showing a good alignment of the chrome trim on the dash and the chrome trim on the front doors? For anyone whose trim was misaligned, was the SC able to make it better? If so, what did they do to fix it?

Mine look perfect!

Attachments

• 6D571442-41EC-43AD-A060-F54DD0D80C43.jpeg
    6D571442-41EC-43AD-A060-F54DD0D80C43.jpeg
    379.1 KB · Views: 424
My passenger side is terrible. Did yours look like that from the factory or did they adjust it later?
Yes it was like that from day one. Unfortunately I didn’t notice it until I drove off the lot and when I came back the next day to see if I could return the car because of this and some other issues they said no.

So then I put in a service request to see if was even fixable and at first they didn’t think so but the mobile service tech thought maybe some clips weren’t attached correctly so he ordered a new door panel and it fixed the issue. Unfortunately the carbon fiber trim clips are fragile and broke when uninstalling the original door panel and it’s been almost two months of waiting for a new trim piece so I get to look at this every day on my new car.

Attachments

• E880E0A0-444A-42C1-82AE-30B87588D2C6.jpeg
    E880E0A0-444A-42C1-82AE-30B87588D2C6.jpeg
    391.3 KB · Views: 283
Reactions: luginewo
Yes it was like that from day one. Unfortunately I didn’t notice it until I drove off the lot and when I came back the next day to see if I could return the car because of this and some other issues they said no.

So then I put in a service request to see if was even fixable and at first they didn’t think so but the mobile service tech thought maybe some clips weren’t attached correctly so he ordered a new door panel and it fixed the issue. Unfortunately the carbon fiber trim clips are fragile and broke when uninstalling the original door panel and it’s been almost two months of waiting for a new trim piece so I get to look at this every day on my new car.
Sorry so just to be clear, your passenger side was fine from day one? So it’s just the driver side you needed to get fixed? So they ordered a whole new driver door panel? Or was it just that one door trim piece that is missing in your picture?

Sorry so just to be clear, your passenger side was fine from day one? So it’s just the driver side you needed to get fixed? So they ordered a whole new driver door panel? Or was it just that one door trim piece that is missing in your picture?
Passenger side was/is perfect, driver’s side was off 1/4” and they replaced the entire door panel and now it lines up perfectly. The door panel doesn’t come with the trim piece so they were supposed to use the old trim piece but they broke it so now I’m waiting on a new trim piece.

Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: luginewo
Passenger side was/is perfect, driver’s side was off 1/4” and they replaced the entire door panel and now it lines up perfectly. The door panel doesn’t come with the trim piece so they were supposed to use the old trim piece but they broke it so now I’m waiting on a new trim piece.

Hope that makes sense.

So the SC didn’t seem like they wanted to try a new door panel. They figured it wouldn’t fix the problem but they finally agreed to try it. Kind of annoys me that they almost made me feel guilty for having to order this new door panel. I hate dealing with their customer service.

How about a picture of a Tesla owner who isn't obsessed about how close the trim lines up? Just think of the stress I don't have, and also all the extra years I might live! And my car is amazing, accelerates quickly, goes fast, is comfortable, and looks fantastic.

Oh, I forgot. I'm a fanboy.

Obsessed? You’re certainly welcome to accept shoddy workmanship if you like. And more power to you. I personally expect a certain level of quality in a car at this price point. The misaligned trim along with the now common 40-50 mph vibration issue to which there is no fix makes me miss the less problematic Model 3 my twice the price Plaid replaced.

How about a picture of a Tesla owner who isn't obsessed about how close the trim lines up? Just think of the stress I don't have, and also all the extra years I might live! And my car is amazing, accelerates quickly, goes fast, is comfortable, and looks fantastic.

Oh, I forgot. I'm a fanboy.
Just think of the lack of stress if Tesla put the car together correctly the first time. No excuse for putting on a broken door panel from the factory in my case but I’m sure you would be okay with that or the one guy recently where only 2 screws were holding his door panel on. He must be really picky, shame on him.