Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of your Rear Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I had my rear window tinted one piece llumar stratos when I first got the car.

The shop I had it done at have been very helpful customer service wise but I’m concerned.

the first tint was replaced 2 weeks after instal as there were at least 3-4 good size bubbles around the size of a quarter, mainly along the defrost lines.

they happily replaced, steamed off the old one and put a new one on. 2nd time round was much better but still a couple of spots one went away and the other seems as though they sliced the film to remove the bubble because now there is a piece of film that has peeled up, it’s small but it’s visible in my rear view mirror.

I he a couple of PPF issues and they are replacing the full bumper sections under Xpel warranty for yellowing. But a couple other issues were black dirt around the wheel arches die to non edge adhesion, one side is slightly worse than the other but both have it. The other issue was they had to cut the PPF to deal with a slight bulge that wouldn’t sit flat around the head light so to fix it the guy trimmed it, I thought he’d just managed to press it flat until I looked closer when i got home and could see he’d trimmed it.

they are going to do the PPF replacement and the rear window at the same time but I wanted to see if you lovely people would post some images of your rear window tints from inside and out of possible just to help as I might ask that if they can’t achieve a good finish. I’d be inclined to ask for a refund and take it to another shop.

As I said before the customer service at the place has been great, I’m just concerned about having the rear defrosters being put through this much trauma to then have to redo this again.

thanks all in advance.

Steaming the window to remove the tint won’t damage the defroster even if it’s done multiple times. That’s the proper way to do it. As long as they are steaming and not scraping you will be fine.

ironmansada5d3ab4c64ea8588.jpg
:D

Sounds like installer issues. If you would drive 3 hours south the best tint and PPF guys in Florida are down here. Never any issues post-install of any tint or PPF by them. Tesla, Bentley, Porsches, others. Fantastic quality and customer service!

I had 20% tint done on all windows except for windshield, rear window tint was done to upper defrost lines, I thought that I would have a problem with seeing a cut off line in my rear view mirror but it end up being high enough and not an issue. Total cost was $271 with tax .

image.jpg
image.jpg