Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures, videos, and news from the Model S (pre-)event Oct 1, 2011

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Norbert

TSLA will win
Oct 12, 2009
Everywhere
[Will use this thread on Saturday to post pictures Nigel sends from his Blackberry, during the event, starting with perhaps a few pics from the TMC pre-event and then at 5 pm from the factory. Except for perhaps a few highlights in this post, pictures will be posted at the end of the thread. Perhaps already on Saturday, but otherwise likely on Sunday, there'll also be link(s) to videos on YouTube ]

[update 9/29, 8:50 pm: Doug_G offered to send some pics from the 4 pm pre-event ]

[update 9/30, 1:00 pm: On his Twitter account @NMould, Nigel will try to answer questions on Saturday night; during the event.
For general tweeting, we suggest using tags #Tesla and #TMC . ]

Current status [10/01/11, 10:35 pm]: ... Nigel signed off ... silence after the storm ... interesting text info at the end ...

Saturday events:
1 pm: TMC pre-pre-event
4 pm: Tesla pre-event
5 pm: main Tesla event

First pictures from Doug, TMC meeting ("Pre-pre-event"):
photo1.JPG
photo2.JPG
photo3.JPG

First pictures from Nigel, TMC meeting ("Pre-pre-event"):
Fremont-20111001-00087.jpg
Fremont-20111001-00088.jpg
IMG-20111001-00086.jpg
4-Fremont-20111001-00089.jpg

Great group shot at the TMC meeting (Nigel):
5-Fremont-20111001-00090.jpg

4 pm Tesla pre-event (Doug)
4photo.JPG
5photo.JPG
More are being added at the end of this thread

(Apparently there is a limit of 10 uploads per post, or so)

Last edited:
Can't manage that; but I'll let Norbert know if I manage to upload any videos to YouTube on the night. I'll definitely try to get some up there on Sunday for you.

Not a live video stream, but I'll post pictures as Nigel sends them from the event, while the event is in progress.

Starting with [EDIT] perhaps a few pics from the TMC pre-event and then at 5 pm from the factory.

Moderators, please make sure we have enough bandwidth and disk space on the weekend. :wink:

Last edited:
Can someone please check if the ground clearance really is a as low as they say on the website? Or if they can change that for markets with snow and ice?
As has been mentioned elsewhere, the car will have adjustable shocks (via air pressure). It is supposed to automatically lower at highway speeds. Thus it seems reasonable that it could be at the highest setting for snow.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, the car will have adjustable shocks (via air pressure). It is supposed to automatically lower at highway speeds. Thus it seems reasonable that it could be at the highest setting for snow.
Yes I've heard that as well, but I thought I'd ask nicely if someone could ask a specific question around clearance. Hopefully the numbers listed are the minimum and not the maximum height. I'd be really interested in how tall they can make the ground clearance and still have speeds upto 40mph.
While I'm asking questions the final length and width (without and with mirrors) would be nice as well :)

Cobos

Questions from me:

1. Charging. I own a roadster, and reserved a model S. How will charging work for both?

2. Apps on the touch screen car display?

3. GPS. What system?

4. AirCon. How does it compare to roadster?

Thanks.

Can someone please check if the ground clearance really is a as low as they say on the website? Or if they can change that for markets with snow and ice?

Cobos

Model S has an approximate overall length of 16’4" (4973 mm), overall height of 4’8" (1426 mm), and overall width of 7’2" (2189 mm). Model S has an unladen ground clearance of approximately 6" (154mm). Additional dimensions will be released this winter.

Model S has an approximate overall length of 16’4" (4973 mm), overall height of 4’8" (1426 mm), and overall width of 7’2" (2189 mm). Model S has an unladen ground clearance of approximately 6" (154mm). Additional dimensions will be released this winter.
Yes I saw that when Tesla updated their website. 6'' is good while the original 4,46 was too low. I'm still curious if you can drive with it even higher than that, for the snowrich days but that is just icing on the cake.

Cobos