TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Pictures, videos, and news from the Model S (pre-)event Oct 1, 2011

Discussion in 'News' started by Norbert, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Norbert

Norbert TSLA will win

#1 Norbert, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
    [Will use this thread on Saturday to post pictures Nigel sends from his Blackberry, during the event, starting with perhaps a few pics from the TMC pre-event and then at 5 pm from the factory. Except for perhaps a few highlights in this post, pictures will be posted at the end of the thread. Perhaps already on Saturday, but otherwise likely on Sunday, there'll also be link(s) to videos on YouTube ]

[update 9/29, 8:50 pm: Doug_G offered to send some pics from the 4 pm pre-event ]

[update 9/30, 1:00 pm: On his Twitter account @NMould, Nigel will try to answer questions on Saturday night; during the event.
    For general tweeting, we suggest using tags #Tesla and #TMC . ]

Current status [10/01/11, 10:35 pm]: ... Nigel signed off ... silence after the storm ... interesting text info at the end ...

Saturday events:
    1 pm: TMC pre-pre-event
    4 pm: Tesla pre-event
    5 pm: main Tesla event

First pictures from Doug, TMC meeting ("Pre-pre-event"):
    photo1.JPG photo2.JPG photo3.JPG

First pictures from Nigel, TMC meeting ("Pre-pre-event"):
    Fremont-20111001-00087.jpg Fremont-20111001-00088.jpg IMG-20111001-00086.jpg 4-Fremont-20111001-00089.jpg

Great group shot at the TMC meeting (Nigel):
    5-Fremont-20111001-00090.jpg

4 pm Tesla pre-event (Doug)
    4photo.JPG 5photo.JPG More are being added at the end of this thread

(Apparently there is a limit of 10 uploads per post, or so)

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

*reserved!*

3. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

Are we gonna get a live stream?

4. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

My towel is on the sunlounger.

5. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Can't manage that; but I'll let Norbert know if I manage to upload any videos to YouTube on the night. I'll definitely try to get some up there on Sunday for you.

6. markwj

Looking forward to it. Most interested to hear people's opinions. And also where that charge port is ;-)

7. Norbert

Norbert TSLA will win

#7 Norbert, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
    Not a live video stream, but I'll post pictures as Nigel sends them from the event, while the event is in progress.

Starting with [EDIT] perhaps a few pics from the TMC pre-event and then at 5 pm from the factory.

Moderators, please make sure we have enough bandwidth and disk space on the weekend. :wink:

8. gmontem

gmontem Model S P01707

Are there anyone interested in posting pics via Twitter, and what hashtag can we agree to use? #teslamodelsbeta? #teslabeta?

9. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I can tweet. I also think Tapatalk allows pic uploads, though I'll likely be using my phone so a twitter hashtag might work better

10. Norbert

Norbert TSLA will win

Anyone interested to send pics from the 4 pm event? Send a PM asking for my email. Emailing should be much easier from a phone than trying to post here.

11. Cobos

Cobos S60 owner since 2013

Can someone please check if the ground clearance really is a as low as they say on the website? Or if they can change that for markets with snow and ice?

Cobos

12. slcasner

slcasner Member

As has been mentioned elsewhere, the car will have adjustable shocks (via air pressure). It is supposed to automatically lower at highway speeds. Thus it seems reasonable that it could be at the highest setting for snow.

13. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

With that in mind, perhaps folks can start posting specific questions and/or pictures they'd like. Once we're there, I doubt anyone will be checking the boards to see any requests

14. Cobos

Yes I've heard that as well, but I thought I'd ask nicely if someone could ask a specific question around clearance. Hopefully the numbers listed are the minimum and not the maximum height. I'd be really interested in how tall they can make the ground clearance and still have speeds upto 40mph.
    While I'm asking questions the final length and width (without and with mirrors) would be nice as well :)

Cobos

15. markwj

Questions from me:

1. Charging. I own a roadster, and reserved a model S. How will charging work for both?

2. Apps on the touch screen car display?

3. GPS. What system?

4. AirCon. How does it compare to roadster?

Thanks.

16. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

I think we should use social networks. Google+, Facebook, Twitter. Would be awesome if we could get Tesla trending on Twitter tomorrow.

17. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

#17 NigelM, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
    I have set up a Twitter account @NMould and will try to answer questions there on Saturday night. Also suggest that everyone who Tweets uses # tags: #Tesla and #TMC

18. Norbert

Norbert TSLA will win

Added that to the first post. Will keep updating the first post in this thread with key information.

19. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Model S has an approximate overall length of 16’4" (4973 mm), overall height of 4’8" (1426 mm), and overall width of 7’2" (2189 mm). Model S has an unladen ground clearance of approximately 6" (154mm). Additional dimensions will be released this winter.

20. Cobos

Yes I saw that when Tesla updated their website. 6'' is good while the original 4,46 was too low. I'm still curious if you can drive with it even higher than that, for the snowrich days but that is just icing on the cake.

Cobos