Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures, videos, and news from the Model S (pre-)event Oct 1, 2011

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I saw that when Tesla updated their website. 6'' is good while the original 4,46 was too low. I'm still curious if you can drive with it even higher than that, for the snowrich days but that is just icing on the cake.

Cobos

There is a comment on the site about the optional air suspension being able to adjust ride height dynamically. Not sure if that is just _down_ or >6".

Would anybody be able to ask whether adaptive cruise control will be available with Model S? If so, can it take the speed down to 0mph in, for example, a motorway traffic jam. It doesn't matter, but I just think that it's a really cool piece of vehicle innovation.

First pictures from Doug, TMC meeting ("Pre-pre-event"):

photo1.JPG
photo2.JPG
photo3.JPG

(Click to enlarge, or open in new window/tab)

Did you notice the optional airsuspension? I suspect that this will allow the car to lower at higher speeds increasing effeciency.

"The optional air suspension automatically responds to speed and road conditions. As Model S accelerates, it lowers the vehicle for optimized aerodynamics and handling. Lower or raise Model S using the touchscreen to unload cargo when parked."